• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

In the Names of the Fathers - [d20 Cthulhu]

Valkys

First Post

Fortunately when she fell, Cynthia didn't fall into her vomit. (That would be gross, yick)

It takes Cynthia a couple of minutes to wake up. She's groggy, but pliable. Whatever Sharrel chooses to do, she can comply, if only half-heartedly.

OOC: This reminds Sharrel too much of the way she felt when she was raped for her to do anything even remotley intelligent now that what happened has set in finally.

IC: Sharrel puts her head between her knees and sobs. The Proffessor, and Mrs. Hadley They were so nice to me. They treated me like I was part of the family. They can't be gone, they just can't be. Its not possible. Not again, I don't want to lose anyone again.

She will cry for quite some time, until she is hugged or jogged out of it by someone else. She's is semi-catatonic at this point, just sobbing.

dscrank

First Post
Shane finds a mess

[Assuming Shane doesn't hear anything from behind the house.]

Shane walks up to the door with Richard and rings the doorbell. When there's no answer, he raps on the door. When there's still no answer, he tries the door. Finding it locked, Shane says to the police officer, "We c-cou-could try around back. I want to know where that gir...l went."

He heads for the back, where he finds Sharrel and Cynthia, one weeping and the other looking around dazedly.

[OOC: Does Shane know either of them? That'll affect his next action.]

Last edited:

Valkys

First Post
OOC: Shane doesn't know Sharrel. He recalls meeting Cynthia once in the library with Dr. Hadley once morning. She was introduced as a doctoral candidate and her name was given before she left. ... One less color now... everything in red.

The Hadleys' Backyard 1:17
Richard Meeks waits patiently beside Shane at the front door, then walks around back. He's very surprised at he state the two girls are in. "Professor, can you handle them?" he indicates the girls. "I'll check the house." He turns on his portable police radio as he enters the house, trying not to disturb anything as he goes.

dscrank

First Post
The girl's piteous crying draws Shane, and he kneels before her. He awkwardly pats her on the shoulder. The older girl--Cynthia? he's met her before, he's certain--she looks dazed, but relatively okay. "Cyn-Cynthia, are you okay?" Shane asks, not taking his eyes off the younger girl. "How ab-about you? Are you all right? What's hap...what's your n-na-na...me?" He almost asked what had happened, but he suspects that's not a good idea right now [+2 Diplomacy at work!]. He'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:

Feeling the touch of another person on her shoulder she will hug Shane as tightly as she can not wanting to let go of him.

"The proff..the prof... ess..or" she says in between sobs, crying even harder and leaning against him for support. "It was...was.. so horrible... please don't.... make me go... in there."

dscrank

First Post
Caught off guard, Shane can only hold onto the girl, patting her back and making shushing sounds. He doesn't say anything else, but where he was only mildly concerned before, he's now frightened. What's happened to Martin and Elizabeth? He looks towards the door where Richard Meeks has gone as the dreadful feeling that he'll know soon enough creeps up on him.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
"Yes mam, tea sounds good." he said as he stood. He walked over and stood beside boy. He pretended to straighten some of the books.

"You not planning on paying for that?." he said in a nonchalant sort of way, not even looking at the guy.

[OOC: About time. The boards crashed just before I tried to post yesterday.]

Valkys

First Post

The Hadleys' 1:20
Cynthia recovers somewhat when Shane and Officer Meeks arrive, "I..I'm fine." She holds her head in her hands, "That was... awful."

A moment later, Richard comes out of the house, a look of bewilderment and disgust on his face. He looks at Shane, "Professor, I'd like your opinion on this, if you don't mind. I just need to make sure I'm not seeing things." He looks at Cynthia, "Can you look after this girl for a minute?"

He shakes his head in disbelief, "I can't decide if there's been a murder, or a break-in... or something else entirely..." he trails off, muttering to himself just loud enough to be heard, "And who am I going to call? The Boston PD has jurisdiction, but they aren't going to believe this either..."

Black Tea and Blacker Souls 12:57
The kid looks up at Xander, surprised. He shakes his head, "Dude, I don't know what you're talking about." He edges towards the door and Xander can tell he's getting ready to run even as he denies his guilt.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads