Increasing Crit Range or Multipliers.

Ysgarran

How can you increase the crit range or multiplier for a longbow? I'm looking for potential abuses of the Deepwood Sniper Prestige class...

I can think of:
Improved Critical
Hunter's Mercer (spell from FR Magic Book).
Spells for Monte Cook's Ranger.

others?

Crothian

First Post
Assassin Senses from R&R increases each by one

Keen Weapon

I think there's an enchantment that increases the multiplier, maybe from MaoF......

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Power Critical feat from Masters of the Wild. Not really a range or multiplier increase, but your next attack automatically threatens a critical. It can be used 1/day.

"Coup de Grace" weapon special ability from the Psionic Handbook. 1/day, requires a full attack action. An attack strikes the enemy as if the wielder had delivered a coup de grace. +5 bonus.

Last edited:

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
The Keen special ability doesn't stack with the Deepwood Sniper's "Keen Arrows" ability. Keen Arrows drops the threat range from 20 to 19-20. Even with a Keen bow, the threat range would stay at 19-20.

(The "Keen Edge" ability is apparently left out of the text, but most people seem to believe that it would again drop the threat range from 19-20 to 18-20.)

Ysgarran

RogueJK said:
The Keen special ability doesn't stack with the Deepwood Sniper's "Keen Arrows" ability. Keen Arrows drops the threat range from 20 to 19-20. Even with a Keen bow, the threat range would stay at 19-20.

(The "Keen Edge" ability is apparently left out of the text, but most people seem to believe that it would again drop the threat range from 19-20 to 18-20.)

I think the point would be to take 'improved critical' with your chosen weapon which does stack with a keen bow. It may be a waste of a feat in the long run but I'm shooting for a min/max at the earliest point in time....

Ysgarran

mzsylver said:
a weapon master sniper... i wonder if this is possible...

You know, I was wondering the same thing. It really looks like the weapon master was written for melee weapons but I didn't see anything in the description of the wpn mstr explicitly restricting it to melee weapons. I didn't get a chance to look a the errata though.

Ysgarran

We missed a weapon from the DMG, The Oathbow, that will increase the crit. multiplier from x3 to x4.

Do you think that would stack with the increase in crit multiplier from the Deepwood Sniper?

It would be bumped up to a nifty x6.

Remove ads