• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I've only seen the first three, I think. I've always wanted to watch them all, as an experiment
It's worth a laugh, it really is incredible to me that they've kept it going so long and ao hard.

The 2nd really was the nadir of the series, and 3 was not a particularly good movie, but honest to goodness 4 picks up a bit, then it becomes actually, truly a series of good movies for a bit.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
It's worth a laugh, it really is incredible to me that they've kept it going so long and ao hard.

The 2nd really was the nadir of the series, and 3 was not a particularly good movie, but honest to goodness 4 picks up a bit, then it becomes actually, truly a series of good movies for a bit.
Two stopped my wife's very tiny interest.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
We saw it this weekend. It is #3 with a bullet -- nowhere near as good as Raiders or Last Crusade, but vastly better than Temple of Doom or Crystal Skull. (Which is #4 and which is #5 for me is harder to determine: Temple is much more technically accomplished, but is wildly problematic, whereas Crystal Skull is mostly just mediocre.)

I am looking forward to whatever Phoebe Waller Bridge does with Tomb Raider over on Amazon, as I thought there was a real sense of humor and fun in this film, as well as a willingness to question tropes more than previous Indy films had.

The biggest issue with the movie, for me, was the opening, which was thrilling, as it should be -- I suspect opening sequences are the most fun part of making Indiana Jones and James Bond movies -- but the de-aging CGI was only successful about half time time, flickering back and forth between "wow, that looks great" to "dear god, what am I looking at" from second to second. Weirdly, it was worst on Mads Mikkelson, rather than Harrison Ford, which was surprising to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads