D&D General Industry Veteran Jennell Jaquays Passes

Legendary game designer and artist passes away at the age of 68.

418514395_3519844221678573_3346738038931663952_n.jpg

Jennell Jaquays was an important figure in the development of Dungeons & Dragons and the tabletop roleplaying game industry. She passed away today at the age of 68. Known for her work on Dark Tower and Caverns of Thracia, she was a game designer and artist; she was responsible for many RPG covers, including Dragon Mountain. Jennell worked for TSR, Judges Guild, and Chaosium, amongst others, as well as video game companies, working on Quake and Age of Empires, and was also an activist for trans rights, instrumental in bringing about important legislation as creative director for the Transgender Human Rights Institute. Jenny had been suffering from Guillain-Barré syndrome in recent years.

Our condolences go out to Jennell's friends and family. The industry lost a legend today.

TSR1089_500.jpeg

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I wish I could say that I'm shocked, but Judges Guild and Bob Bledsaw II have a history with bigotry and Jennell Jaquays [1] [2] [3] [4] [5].

She was a talented artist and gamer, an industry giant, an activist for human rights...her passing is a great loss to the TTRPG community.
oh FFS. Even in death she endures transphobia :(

Sigh....Apparently Judges Guild insisted on deadnaming her, used an old photo, and make a poor joke in their "memorial" post. And blocked everyone who pointed out the deadnaming. I can't share it because I can't see it any longer.

It costs zero $ to not be trash. After everything she did for that company.
It’s amazing when a company hits rock bottom, but instead of stopping, they get out a pick and keep on digging.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
It's sad she's passed away, and at only 68. I don't know that much about her other than jaquay(s)ing dungeons. Had no idea she was also an artist.

Remove ads

Remove ads