• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Scotley

Hero
My guess is that this is related to the system they use over at Circvs Maximvs called dignatas in keeping with the roman theme over there. You can nominate a specific post rather than a thread. You accumulate points that have no real value other than prestige. If people like what you have to say they agree with your posts by nominating them and your reputation grows through ranks like plebeian and senator. Under your avatar you have a score and a rank. I presume it is a feature of the software and must have been turned on briefly over here as well as at CM.

Leif

Adventurer
Ahh, ok. Now instead of posts, you can nominate threads by clicking the icon in the lower right hand corner of the first post of the thread. I nominated your Tomb of Horrors and our 1st Constable thread.

Shayuri

First Post
To clarify, if needed:

Targeting the square 20' away at the bottom of the stairs, or as close to it as I can. The idea being that the area of the spell will encompass everything within 40 feet of Talshia in that direction. Since summonings (as spells at least) have Short range, she's hoping the mysterious summoner is in that direction within 40 feet. And that the ceiling is less than 20' high. :)

Note that if the ceiling IS more than 20 feet high, she can move the blast point up into the air up to 20' and still affect the area.

I know it's a shot in the dark...but since this critter can apparently summon without limits...

*makes a mental note to get See Invisible in an item or something*

industrygothica

Adventurer
To clarify, if needed:

Targeting the square 20' away at the bottom of the stairs, or as close to it as I can. The idea being that the area of the spell will encompass everything within 40 feet of Talshia in that direction. Since summonings (as spells at least) have Short range, she's hoping the mysterious summoner is in that direction within 40 feet. And that the ceiling is less than 20' high. :)

Note that if the ceiling IS more than 20 feet high, she can move the blast point up into the air up to 20' and still affect the area.

I know it's a shot in the dark...but since this critter can apparently summon without limits...

*makes a mental note to get See Invisible in an item or something*

Technically you can't see the bottom of the stairs, only the glow coming from that direction. The stairs are a spiral column, walls on both sides... like in the old castles and stuff. That's my fault though because I wasn't really descriptive on that point, so we can probably work something out with your spell (though you'll be shooting into the dark, because you have no clue what size of the room is below, or even if the summoning might be taking place on a lower portion of the stairs themselves).

Shayuri

First Post
A SPIRAL staircase...ok...

How wide is it, and how far ahead can I see?

The impression I had was that this was a fairly open area, with both top and bottom visible at once...which is how we knew there was two summons coming in.

Basically, the idea is, "If I were summoning these two monsters, where would I be?" It's starting to sound like one person couldn't possibly summon them both though, since you need line of effect. Unless the effect they're using isn't like a normal Summon spell, or unless there's more than one, or unless something else is going on.

industrygothica

Adventurer
A SPIRAL staircase...ok...

How wide is it, and how far ahead can I see?

The impression I had was that this was a fairly open area, with both top and bottom visible at once...which is how we knew there was two summons coming in.

Basically, the idea is, "If I were summoning these two monsters, where would I be?" It's starting to sound like one person couldn't possibly summon them both though, since you need line of effect. Unless the effect they're using isn't like a normal Summon spell, or unless there's more than one, or unless something else is going on.

I probably didn't do as good a job as I could have setting this one up, so we'll make a few adjustments now.

It's still a spiral staircase, but since I allowed the summoner to cast around corners (didn't think that one through, did I?), I'm going to let you do the same thing for this encounter. So if you want to throw your spell down into the area below, that'll work for me.

Remove ads