• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Great to have you back, Jemal!

Leif, also...just to be clear...Talashia's pique is purely IC. I personally find it hilarious to make her sulk. :)

There's no OOC bad feelings, and Uulark is in no danger. She's not even really angry...just a bit put out. (^_^)

Leif

Adventurer
Shayuri, Uulark's withdrawal into his "shell' is, likewise, purely IC. I, also likewise, find it at least somewhat humorous to have him internalize everything and try to take responsibility for it all. :);)

Sounds like we've both got some good rp going on!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Re; comment about pixie warlock in IC thread:

You make a strong argument there about warlocks being able to "use device" very effectively. In the saturday game we have a warlock who just fooled a rather nasty intellegent evil sword to let him wield it with one alignment step differrence. Just how nasty you ask? You get 1 negetive level per step away, i think. The warlock was one step away, but took no negetive level and is now best pals with it.

if the pixie was a warlock, then this staff of bone could be fooled by her. I like the idea of passing it on to a responsible temple.

Leif

Adventurer
Sounds like a plan, SD. I checked Uulark's prepared spells looking for something that might give us some insight into the thing, and all he has that's even remotely applicable is Detect Evil, and I think we can safely assume that the thing's evil. But why don't we have the Paladin check it out, just to be sure? (Nac Mac? Wanna do the honors?)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Wow! It's been seventeen months since the first post this leg of the campaign. I can't even remember when we started the first one, The Hive, which only jkason was involved with--and only pat way through, at that. It's been a long, long time it seems.

I suppose everyone should gain a level at this point. I'm going to have to go back through and look at some notes to remember the bulk of the story, to be honest. It's actually been a while since I've put together a 3.5 encounter, I've been so wrapped up in 4e.

There wasn't much left to the sewers--but it was probably enough to kill most of you, so I suppose it's good for a recharge. I actually introduced the pixie a bit earlier than I intended, but it's all good.

I guess my question here is this: What do you all want from this adventure? What are your goals from this point? Are they to find the alchemist? Are they to find the owner of the Hanging Harpy (doesn't anyone even remember the Hanging Harpy), or to seek vengeance on the man in the white-plumed hat? Or do you just want to find out the source of the strange creatures down below?

I will also ask again: is everyone still happy with 3.5? We've all had a chance to get out teeth into 4e, so if you want to convert, now is the time (especially since we have barbarian rules now!). Don't take this as me trying to convince you - we started 3.5, and I'm perfectly happy to finish that way, if we ever do. ;)

Give me your thoughts, please.

-IG

Jemal

Adventurer
I have to vote to keep with 3.5, mainly b/c I've been waiting for Rokelsh to be high enough level to be a Horizon Walker for years now (Through two seperate campaigns). But also b/c I prefer 3.5 now that I've had a chance to play both.

Scotley

Hero
I'd have to vote for 3.5 as well. However, if the consensus is 4e that's fine too. I'm slowly learning it and it would interesting to try out multi-classing; though I have some doubts about it. I think it will be rather difficult to duplicate Rogash's range of abilities in 4e. I'd guess he'd have to be a fighter with his feats spent on multi-classing for a rogue stuff and extra skills. No way to do a descent axe wielder as a rogue. The powers just won't support it. Indeed I wonder if I can even find any rogue powers that will work with an axe or bow? Might not be any point to multi-classing.

Rogash's motivation is revenge on the man in the white-plummed hat. Of course he's taken on a commitment to revenge the denizens down here for the death of his friend the halfling and he's agreed to find the missing alchemist and owner of the Hanging Harpy too. Hell, might as well figure out what's up with the strange creatures/noises as long as we are down here.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I think we've pretty much established that the noises were the kobolds being slaughtered by that fiendish minotaur, so they might've quieted down a bit since the minotaur's been taken care of. But I wonder what the kobolds were doing down there anyway?

I did say that everyone gains a level, right? That puts us at 7th, I believe?

-IG

Remove ads