• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Industrygothica's "Those Left Behind" [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Mew

Can I put off leveling until I fulfill Talashia's chosen PrC requirements? :)

Once she has bought some scrolls and done some RP stuff (which can be done offscreen if ya like), she will be ready.

Leif

Adventurer
industrygothica said:
I guess my question here is this: What do you all want from this adventure? What are your goals from this point? Are they to find the alchemist? Are they to find the owner of the Hanging Harpy (doesn't anyone even remember the Hanging Harpy), or to seek vengeance on the man in the white-plumed hat? Or do you just want to find out the source of the strange creatures down below?

I will also ask again: is everyone still happy with 3.5? We've all had a chance to get out teeth into 4e, so if you want to convert, now is the time (especially since we have barbarian rules now!). Don't take this as me trying to convince you - we started 3.5, and I'm perfectly happy to finish that way, if we ever do.
I really can't say about "missions" and such like, because I was a very late arrival to the game and I don't know anything about it! Uulark has just been down in the dungeon because it's fun! He never heard a thing about any 'mission.'

I'll add my voice to the bunch that wants to keep 3.5. I guess I'm marginally ok with 4e, but there's no sense in "fixing" a game that isn't broken.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Wow! It's been seventeen months since the first post this leg of the campaign. I can't even remember when we started the first one, The Hive, which only jkason was involved with--and only pat way through, at that. It's been a long, long time it seems.

I suppose everyone should gain a level at this point. I'm going to have to go back through and look at some notes to remember the bulk of the story, to be honest. It's actually been a while since I've put together a 3.5 encounter, I've been so wrapped up in 4e.

There wasn't much left to the sewers--but it was probably enough to kill most of you, so I suppose it's good for a recharge. I actually introduced the pixie a bit earlier than I intended, but it's all good.

I guess my question here is this: What do you all want from this adventure? What are your goals from this point? Are they to find the alchemist? Are they to find the owner of the Hanging Harpy (doesn't anyone even remember the Hanging Harpy), or to seek vengeance on the man in the white-plumed hat? Or do you just want to find out the source of the strange creatures down below?

I will also ask again: is everyone still happy with 3.5? We've all had a chance to get out teeth into 4e, so if you want to convert, now is the time (especially since we have barbarian rules now!). Don't take this as me trying to convince you - we started 3.5, and I'm perfectly happy to finish that way, if we ever do. ;)

Give me your thoughts, please.

-IG

My vote is to stay 3.5 because i am turning my brain in the direction of pathfinder and my old brain doesnt want to be split beteen 3.5, pathfinder, 2.x (another sight) and 4.0 .that would put me on the wrong side of insane as i am on the brink right now being the genius that i am.

I see we are officially declared as level 7. i need to think about this....

as for the missions, i was only aware of the alchemist. as it seems he is being held aginst his will and in possible grave danger i vote we continue with that then re-asess what we have questions of and then follow the next mission.

we who have arrive late ( I took over nac-mac's barbarian/paladin of freedom with the knowledge of the alchemist only) may need an ooc mission briefing at this time.

ok...i thought about it ... this in a no brainer. if you multiclass as a paladin, you must advance as a paladin only. if you go back to the other class, youbecome an ex-paladin, so ... barbarian 1 / paladin of freedom 6

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Elemental Savant, from Complete Arcane.

She meets all the requirements in terms of skills and feats. There is an achievement requirement though, in that the caster is required to have made peaceful contact with an elemental or outsider with an elemental subtype.

This was the basis for why Talashia is seeking the alchemist. Remember? He was going to sell her a scroll of of Lesser Planar Binding...a spell not easily available commercially due to its dubious reputation as a demon-summoning spell. She planned to summon an Air Mephit with it, to instruct her on the first steps of her transcendence.

In other words, to qualify for the PrC. :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Elemental Savant, from Complete Arcane.

She meets all the requirements in terms of skills and feats. There is an achievement requirement though, in that the caster is required to have made peaceful contact with an elemental or outsider with an elemental subtype.

This was the basis for why Talashia is seeking the alchemist. Remember? He was going to sell her a scroll of of Lesser Planar Binding...a spell not easily available commercially due to its dubious reputation as a demon-summoning spell. She planned to summon an Air Mephit with it, to instruct her on the first steps of her transcendence.

In other words, to qualify for the PrC. :)

Gotcha. Might be something laying around in the alchemist's shoppe, then. :angel:

Shayuri

First Post
Hee hee

But then she may not be so motivated to find the alchemist. :)

Of course, by this time there's other motivations, I spose...

Ngh. I wish I'd taken Improved Familiar at 6th level now. 9th level seems so far away. :)

Leif

Adventurer
Uulark is leveled up to Cleric 7. :D

(I looked at the PrC Radiant Servant of Pelor. Uulark almost qualifies, except that he doesn't follow Pelor! hehehe)

Remove ads