• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Info from the WotC 2007 January to April Catalog

thalmin

Retired game store owner
It seems much of the stuff coming from China is going up in price. Perhaps their labor costs are going up

Shemeska

Adventurer
thalmin said:
We received the new catalog from WotC yesterday. Here we go again.

No FR regional supplements. Bah.

A D&D Supplement
Magic Item Compendium
Andy Collins, Mike Mearls, and Stephen Schubert
Additional design by Evan Bernstein, Frank Brunner, John Snead, and Owen K.C. Stephens

This Supplement for the Dungeons & Dragons game presents over 500 new magic items, including affordable items no adventurer should ever be without, as well as more than 750 of the best magic items from previously publishedD&D game supplements and campaign settings, Dragon magazine articles, and articles posted on the Wizards of the Coast website.
Each magic item is presented and catalogues in a new, easy-to-reference format that includes a read-aloud text description of the item.
March 6, 2007
224 page Hardcover
$34.95/$44.95 CAN

Given how few books I've picked up in the past two or three years, this actually has some pretty nice value for me. I'll probably pick it up for the utility of having it all in one source.

A D&D Super-Adventure
Expedition to the Demonweb Pits
Wolfgang Baur and Gwendolyn F.M. Kestrel

Expedition to the Demonweb Pits is a D&D super-adventure for characters of levels 9-12. It is usable as a mini-campaign on its own, as a story arc in a Dungeon Master's regular campaign, or as a series of small side adventures with a big payoff. The structure is very flexible and eminently customizable. The adventure uses a new combat encounter format designed to make the DM's job easier and to speed up play.
Heroes who become entangled in the adventure's plot soon find themselves squaring off against the agents of Lolth and Graz'zt across several planes, including the Abyss.
April 17, 2007[/I]
224 page hardcover
$34.95/$44.00

Something planar related, and with Baur's name on it. *smile o' fangs*

Hell if I'll ever run a premade adventure, but if it's fluffy enough this is an auto sell for me.

00Machado

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
Sorry, but if going back to PrCs with five page descriptions is the best WoTC can do in 07'... well, I'll be playing for a long time thanks to Shackled City and Age of Worms and other great arcs but it looks like my WoTC buying days may be winding down a bit.

Speaking of Age of Worms, given the number of adventures WotC is putting out in the first half of 07, I'm guessing that's why they didn't approve Paizo releasing a hardcover Ago of Worms campaign.

I wonder how much a 20 level adventure would eat into the demand for WotC's shorter arc adventures? Might be that they appeal to different audiences.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I really hope the Dungeon Tiles are as cool as I think they'll be.

I'd really like to see a preview (hint hint to WotC - I know you're watching! ;) )

00Machado

First Post
thalmin said:
...and provides new rules options for characters who enjoy intrigue, skullduggery, and subterfuge. This book also helps Dungeon Masters run intrigue-laced campaigns.
In addition to presenting various "scoundrel" archetypes for characters, it includes new feats and prestige classes that serve these archetypes, as well as new tricks, spells, equipment, and magic items.
For the Dungeon Master, this book contains information on how to create adventures and campaigns laced with intrigue that will appeal to groups that includes one or more scoundrel-type characters.

I wonder if this is in lieu of the opt requested Heroes of Intrigue, and if the DM campaign inspiration content will be a significant enough part of the book to really help flesh out that type of campaign.

I'll also say that I'm likely to buy the non-setting specific adventures. I think following that medium length story arc model is a good differentiator for WotC adventures from most of the rest of what's out there. I think this might make adventures a viable profit maker for them, which hopefully means we get to see them at regular intervals. Having them be longer works fine too, since it decreases the likelihood that you'll run out of adventure material before the next one comes out.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
DaveMage said:
I really hope the Dungeon Tiles are as cool as I think they'll be.

I'd really like to see a preview (hint hint to WotC - I know you're watching! ;) )
Set 1 is due out August 25th.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads