Insight's Dark Sun: Burning Sands Campaign - IC

Shayuri

First Post
After a moment Amica added, "They were looking out, and were attacked from behind, I think. Whatever did this came from inside the mine."

She looks over towards the tunnel, dimly visible until it fade into absolute darkness.

"If we stay, they will come for us when they are ready."

She didn't add that they might catch them before they were ready if they probed farther into the mines themselves. It seemed self-evident, and she wasn't sure she really wanted to do that; tactically sound as it might be. Who knew what other horrors waited down thee?

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

"Let's try to find those icons. It will be dangerous, but better than waiting here for the end in the hope something else would save us." Korg confirms Amica's words.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
Level: 1 XP: 250
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand, Dwarven Resilience
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: It seems that we may have a consensus that the characters are going to move down the passage. I need to know how you are going to proceed (order, actions, etc).

drothgery

First Post
"I don't see any reasonable alternatives." Brandis said, agreeing to go in further.
OOC:
Brandis and his -1 Peception score should probably be in the middle of the marching order

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Korg has better perception, but uses ranged powers. Perhaps second rank, after the defender (Zimno)? Do we have/need or can make torches?

Walking Dad

First Post
Korg

Korg looks around for fuel as he starts making makeshift torches. "Better we are able to see something..."

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Korg Wellspeaker
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
Level: 1 XP: 250
AC 13 Fortitude 12 Reflex 13 Will 15
Initiative: +0
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 2 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 7 / 8
At-Will Powers: Telekinetic Grasp, Call Spirit Companion, Spirit's Wrath, Spirit Infusion, Haunting Spirits
Encounter Powers: Healing Spirit 2/2, Speak with Spirits, Spirit of Athas, Scorching Sand, Dwarven Resilience
Daily Powers: Cleansing Wind of the North

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
I bade my master to leave well enough alone, but he does not listen to me. Not in matters of business. I may have his heart, but not his purse strings. My master, for his love of wealth, refused all notions that something stirred within that mountain. It would be more than salt that the miners plied from inside the heart of the mountain. There was something sinister, or perhaps something primordial, or something hidden. Something that was not meant to be found. Something we were not meant to see. Mining chiefs came to my master, complaining of dead miners. My master did not listen. It was for the love of that salt, or perhaps the love of the money that would come from selling it in the market at Nibenay, that was all that concerned my master. I was his passion, but it was greed that drove him to ignore what was plain to anyone who would listen. The miners had awoken something within that mountain. It would soon be time for a reckoning.

Zimno leads the others down the broken passage. Korg, Amica, and Brandis trail the swordmage, while Horran and Kesh are futher behind. Korg's torch illuminates a fairly uniform passage, up the point where fallen rocks and broken walls indicate where the cave-in starts.

There is almost no sound. Perhaps the intense wind from outside is masking whatever sound may be coming from beyond the rubble. Korg's torch light shows that the rubble may be crossed, if one wishes to travel further. It will just take a little precarious climbing. It would take hours or possibly days for the current group of travelers to clear this debris.

Of note is that the spread of dead miners' corpses ends about ten feet from the rubble. All you have found are similar to those nearer the entrance: laying face down, claw and teeth marks on their backs, broken, bloody pickaxes everywhere.

Last edited:

Remove ads