Insight's "In the Shadow of Giants" [IC] - Prelude to Danger!

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Map is updated to 8a. If you have not yet acted, please let me know if you wish to alter your posted actions. If not, I will proceed.

Oni

First Post
Taking a deep breath Saben steadied himself allowing his faith in Pelor to fuel his determination and strengthen him against his enemies. Disengaging from the quick little fey he moved purposely to a midpoint on the field of battle. Praying for just the tiniest fraction of the sun god's might he threw his arms wide, the sun disc he wore glowing as the air cracked with the weight of divine power.

[sblock=actions]

minor: Use Virtue Saben spends a healing surge but regains no hit points. He instead gains 22 temporary hit points.

move: Move from M23 to J25 [Reminder: The quickling has a -2 to hit until the end of Saben's turn, and Saben gains a +2 to AC against Opportunity Attacks.]

standard: Use Astral Thunder close burst 3 (enemies only) against Quickling (M22), Eldranth (H27), Red Skeletal Hauler (G28) [in that order]: 1d20+12=20, 1d20+12=15, 1d20+12=23 vs Fort. On hit 2d8+6 =13 thunder damage and targets suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Saben's next turn.

Mark is maintained on the quickling.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats]Saben- Male Half-Elf Paladin 10
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 21
AC:30, Fort:20, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
Resist:none
HP:89+22 temp HP/89, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:11/12
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Enfeebling Strike
Virtuous Strike
Divine Challenge
Githyanki Silver Longsword
Summoned Gith Plate Armor

Valorous Smite
Hold Fast
Astral Thunder
Sacred Flame
Call of Challenge
Virtue
Second Wind

Majestic Halo
Name of Might
Ray of Reprisal
Wrath of the Gods
Lay on Hands
Lay on Hands
Lay on Hands
Githyanki Silver Longsword
Heavy Shield of Eyes

Conditions:

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Last edited:

hafrogman

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]I'll stick with what I've got. In future, unless my action becomes untenable, feel free to not wait on me. I'll take my chances.[/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
PRELUDE TO DANGER!
Crossing the Yoirwood
- Round Nine -

The battle continues!

[sblock=Initiative Count]
The Skill Challenge was a SUCCESS!

26. Seeker (HP 50/58)
24. Corrin (HP 44/70) *** 2 Temporary HP *** blinded (save ends)
20. Amos (HP 43/69) Olcan (HP 81/94).
18 (+). Quickling Runner -4 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Saben's turn. Marked by Saben.
18 (-). Blackfire Flameskull
17 (+). Gregor (HP 51/87). Blinded (save ends) *** +4 to all defenses until the end of Gregor's turn in Round 10 ***
17 (-). Eldranth *** BLOODIED ***
*** Red is BLOODIED *** (Red) -4 penalty to attack rolls until the end of Saben's turn Round 9. (Red) Marked by Gregor.
14. Brant
13. Saben *** 10 Temporary HP ***
[/sblock]

Catching his breath after the burn, Seeker throws some illusory bolts at the Hauler, making it stumble into the waiting arms of his allies. The wizard retreats back to the trees.

Since his friends seem to have the skeletal haulers and even Eldranth well in hand, Corrin turns his attention to the flaming skulls, which appear to be undamaged at this point. He moves to get into a better position, then hurls a thunderbolt at the creature. However, as seemed to happening with most of his magic this evening except when he just stabbed the one skeleton, his aim was a bit off.

The Quickling Runner, seeing Saben ignoring him in a most cavalier fashion, charges forward, shortsword waving in the air. It cries in some forgotten fey tongue...

The flaming skulls take aim on their targets, firing rays of black fire at Corrin and Saben.

Gregor takes a deep breath, focusing on his next move. He recklessly withdraws from the two undead foes, leaving himself open for attack, and releases a blood-curdling howl in a voice very different from his own. He slams his hammer on his shield, creating shock-waves which amplify this fearsome sound.

Eldranth, having been shoved into the flaming wagon, is seared a bit, but is far more concerned about the state of his enemies than his burned clothing. He steps from the charred and smoking remains of the wagon and, pointing his axe at Gregor, shoots a blood-red ray at the dwarf!

The remaining skeleton mindlessly claws at Gregor, but despite the dwarf's blindness, the skeleton's attack clangs off Gregor's shield!

[sblock=Actions]
26. Seeker
- Standard Action: Use Phantom Bolts on Skeletal Hauler: HITS! Skeletal Hauler takes 11 psychic damage! The attack slides Skeletal Hauler 1 (G28 -> H29) into a flank.
- Move Action: Move 6 (L31 -> G35).

24. Corrin
- Move Action: Move 6 (E29 -> E23).
- Standard Action: Uses Thunder Slam against Blackfire Flameskull (Blue): MISS!

*** Note: drothgery, you didn't state which enemy you were targeting, so I had to guess. I chose the closest one. ***

18 (+). Quickling Runner
- Standard Action: Melee Basic Attack (Charge) against Saben: HITS! Saben takes 12 damage! Quickling Runner ends its charge in K24.

18 (-). Blackfire Flameskull
- Move Action: (Blue) moves 6 (G19 -> F13).
- Standard Action: (Blue) uses Blackfire Ray against Corrin: HIT! Corrin takes 3 fire damage (-10 for fire resist; taken from temp hp) and is blinded (save ends). (Red) uses Blackfire Ray against Saben: MISS!

17 (+). Gregor
- Minor Action: Second Wind: +4 to all defenses and heals 21 HP.
- Move Action: Move 2 (H28 -> F28), provoking OAs from Eldranth and Red Skeletal Hauler.

Eldranth:
- Opportunity Attack: Uses Lifedrinker Greataxe[/b] against Gregor: MISS!

Skeletal Hauler (Red):
- Opportunity Attack: Uses Slam against Gregor: MISS!

Gregor:
- Standard Action: Uses Howl of Doom against Eldranth (HIT!) and Skeletal Hauler (Red) (MISS!); Eldranth takes 12 thunder damage and is pushed 3 to K27.

*** I don't believe Gregor can mark with non-Fighter powers. I'm basing this on the fact that the description for Hybrid Fighters states that they can only use Fighter powers to mark. I don't believe there's a ruling elsewhere, but if I'm wrong, point me in the right direction. For now, I'm removing the mark from Eldranth (the Skeletal Hauler was already marked). ***

17 (-). Eldranth
Eldranth takes 5 fire damage from being in the flaming wreckage.
- Move Action: Moves 3 (K27 -> K30).
- Standard Action: Uses Blood Blindness against Gregor: HITS! Gregor takes 15 damage and is blinded (save ends).

16. Skeletal Hauler
- Standard Action: Uses Slam against Gregor: MISS!
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Prelude_Map_9b.pdf
    703.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Catching his breath after the burn, Seeker throws some illusory bolts at the Hauler, making it stumble into the waiting arms of his allies. The wizard retreats back to the trees.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard - Phantom Bolts on Hauler vs will; psychic (1d20 14=30, 1d8 8=11)If that hits, slide the Hauler to H29 (into a flank)
Move - Move 6 squares from L31 to G35
Minor - n/a
[/sblock]

[sblock=MiniSeeker]Seeker—Male Deva Wizard
Initiative: +12 ; Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 20
Senses:Normal; Resistances:10 Necrotic, 10 Radiant, 5 Fire
HP: 50/58, Bloodied: 29, Surge: 15, Surges left: 7/7
AC: 24*, Fort: 19*, Reflex: 23*, Will: 25*; — Speed:6
*+1 against bloodied foes, +5 against ranged attacks more than 5 away
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Phantom Bolts
Cloud of Daggers

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Orb of Imposition
Grasping Shadows
Color Spray
Tomebound Ooze
Shield
Wizard's Escape

Grease
Healing Word
Grasp of the Grave
Taunting Phantoms
Mass Resistance
Orb of Impenetrable Escape +3

[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
Since his friends seem to have the skeletal haulers and even Eldranth well in hand, Corrin turns his attention to the flaming skulls, which appear to be undamaged at this point. He moves to get into a better position, then hurls a thunderbolt at the creature. However, as seemed to happening with most of his magic this evening except when he just stabbed the one skeleton, his aim was a bit off.

[sblock=actions]
Move: Move to E23.
Standard: Attack with Thunder Slam.
atk; dmg; bonus dmg if undamaged (1d20+14=19, 2d10+13=27, 2d6=7)

In the unlikely event that 19 vs FORT hits, 27 dmg + another 7 if it's undamaged, and Corrin pushes the flaming skull 3 squares to J19.
[/sblock]

Oni

First Post
[sblock=ooc]

Just a bookkeeping note. Saben had 22 temp HP, so I believe he should now have 10 temp HP and be otherwise undamaged.

[/sblock]

Remove ads