Insight's "The Silent Partner" IC

Alla Coleman

Mr. Neal smiles with evident frustration. "You'll be reading for the part of CHARLES and possibly one other, to be determined."
Allan sees that the dialogue for Charles is the only one NOT blacked out in his script.
"Please take your mark when ready," Neal says, backing up to a spot near Murnau.

Allan just nods in agreement, not wanting to say something that will agitate the already quite nervous Brit fellow.
Noting that Neal goes to stop Pierson, he smiles nervously toward Pierson, raising his hand to wave hello. A moment pass and he dives into the lines, trying to figure out what Charles characteristic is going to be all about.

jackslate45

First Post
Jack was in shock. George Martin, Kidnapped?! And by the sound of it, Renna saw it?!. Maybe...

Jack leans forward in his chair, and stares at Renna intently.
"Renna, this is extremely important. Any details you can give me about the kidnappers? Distinct features? What they were wearing. If we can give the police anything that might help them, we can get George back that much faster!"

His mind was racing, and he could see it in his minds eye. 4 men and 2 women left the Willshire club out the back door. If Renna can ID those men, Jack already knew where George was supposed to be. He can call the hotel and see if George checked into it last night!

Walking Dad

First Post
Face

Pierson is nodding back at Coleman before he follows Neal to the bench.
If not obviously encouraged to sit down, he keeps standing.
Assuming I survive.
"Assuming you won't work as a stunt man, you most likely will." Face says with a crooked smile, remembering his accident.

Shayuri

First Post
Jack was in shock. George Martin, Kidnapped?! And by the sound of it, Renna saw it?!. Maybe...

Jack leans forward in his chair, and stares at Renna intently.
"Renna, this is extremely important. Any details you can give me about the kidnappers? Distinct features? What they were wearing. If we can give the police anything that might help them, we can get George back that much faster!"

"Police?" Renna winced and glanced at the door that Murnau was hiding behind. "It's...it's more complicated than that. George wasn't the last one they said they were going to take. They said they needed ten more."

She shook her head and looked desperately at Jack. "But who would kidnap eleven actors? Why? It makes no sense!"

With a deep breath she calmed down and added, "There were three of them. All well dressed...I almost thought they were waiters at first. One smokes a pipe..." Renna closed her eyes, trying to see... "He has...a...scar. On his cheek." She touched her left cheek, right on the bone. "One was bigger. A little fat maybe. He had pinstripes and one of those round hats...a bowler. He smoked a cigar. And then the other one was very thin. He had a cigarette. I don't remember him...he didn't say very much. He did say that their boss was on a schedule. A tight one."

Renna opened her eyes. "They never said names or anything though."

(OOC - Sorry about how long it took me to get back to this. Things got crazy for me in PBP land!)

Insight

Adventurer
With a deep breath she calmed down and added, "There were three of them. All well dressed...I almost thought they were waiters at first. One smokes a pipe..." Renna closed her eyes, trying to see... "He has...a...scar. On his cheek." She touched her left cheek, right on the bone. "One was bigger. A little fat maybe. He had pinstripes and one of those round hats...a bowler. He smoked a cigar. And then the other one was very thin. He had a cigarette. I don't remember him...he didn't say very much. He did say that their boss was on a schedule. A tight one."

OOC: This description seems to match the men Jack and Face saw inside the speakeasy beneath the Wilshire Club.

Insight

Adventurer
David Neal returns to the studio and closes the door behind him. "Terribly sorry about all of that," he says, approaching Allan.

"Now, I realize that it will be difficult to read for this part, what with all the other parts blacked out. I can assure you that this was not MY idea, but the director was... quite insistent. All I can tell you is that Charles, your part, is the aspiring lover of another character, whose name I cannot reveal. You are desperate and looking for some way to get her attention."

Mr. Neal sits in a director-style chair at the other end of the studio. He leans over and flips a switch, which causes a large spotlight to CLICK on and illuminate Allan Coleman.

"When you're ready..."

Alla Coleman

"A lover … no problem"
Allan thinks to himself, nods to Neal and reads the first paragraph of his script

SCRIPT:
"What's that!"
Charles points
"Have you seen it?! Oh… you didn't … never mind, I thought it was something else, but I'm quite happy from what I'm seeing now…"

Allan smiles as he acts Charles that tries to take the attention of his lover.

Insight

Adventurer
"A lover … no problem"
Allan thinks to himself, nods to Neal and reads the first paragraph of his script

SCRIPT:
"What's that!"
Charles points
"Have you seen it?! Oh… you didn't … never mind, I thought it was something else, but I'm quite happy from what I'm seeing now…"

Allan smiles as he acts Charles that tries to take the attention of his lover.

Allan goes through to motions, attempting to act out a scene that he does not fully understand. It contains references to an unnamed lady, a lake, and a palace atop a hill. This all seems very odd to Allan.

OOC: Make a Persuade check to see how well Allan was able to act out this scene.

Remove ads