• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inspired by an ad: The Esuvee

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
If you live in the United States you've probably seen the commercial. If not, you can go to the website linked below to see it.

I present to you the Esuvee! Now your adventuring party can all ride to the dungeon on the same beast! An esuvee no less! :lol:

http://www.esuvee.com

pledge_placeholder.jpg

Esuvee
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice:
8d10+40 (84 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 16 (-1 size, +7 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/+20
Attack: Slam +15 melee (1d8+8)
Full Attack: Slam +15 melee (1d8+8) or 2 slams (1d6+4)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Stampede, trample 2d12+12
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, shining eyes, topheavy
Saves: Fort +11, Ref +2, Will +3
Abilities: Str 26, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 2
Skills: Listen +7, Spot +7, Survival +4
Feats: Alertness, Endurance, Run
Environment: Temperate hills
Organization: Solitary or herd (2-12)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 9-12 HD (Large); 13-24 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment:

Tromping over the hillside is a great, shaggy beast. It has a bison-like body supported by thick legs. Its feet are splay-toed and have thick foot-pads like those of an elephant. The thing has a heavy, low-slung head, rectangular in shape. Strangest of all, it has an odd bony latticework where its nose should be, and its round, glassy eyes are shining brightly.

An esuvee is a powerful creature that roams in small herds over the hillside. Like elephants, most esuvees in a herd are cows and calves. Bull esuvees leave the heard soon after reaching sexual maturity and become solitary. They only approach other esuvees during the mating season. Occasionally, a wandering bull esuvee goes rogue and attacks everything in sight.

Esuvees are dangerous in the wild, but easily tamed by a skilled handler. They are strong, able to bear heavy burdens, and can move comfortably in nearly any terrain except swamps. Special esuvee saddles can seat up to 8 Medium riders comfortably. The digestive tract of an esuvee is so inefficient that it requires 3 times the normal amount of food for a creature its size.

Combat
Esuvees are herd animals at heart and thus react in a fashion similar to bison. When threatened, they turn their backs to the center of the herd and face outwards, bellowing and roaring. In combat an esuvee swings its massive head side to side, smashing anything it can see. An esuvee can also rear up on its hind legs to deliver devastating blows.

Shining Eyes (Ex): The eyes of an esuvee contain bioluminescent bacteria, and at night they glow. An esuvee’s eyes illuminate a cone 30 feet long as brightly as torchlight.

Stampede (Ex): A frightened herd of esuvees flees as a group in a random direction (but always away from the perceived source of danger). They literally run over anything of Large size or smaller that gets in their way, dealing 1d12 points of damage for each five esuvees in the herd (Reflex DC 22 half). The save DC is Strength-based.

Topheavy (Ex): If an esuvee tries to make a 90 degree turn while moving at a Run, the rider must succeed on a DC 25 Ride check or the esuvee rolls onto its side. All riders must succeed on a DC 15 Reflex save or take 1d6 points of damage from the fall. A rider failing the Reflex save by 10 or more lands under the esuvee and takes damage as if the esuvee had trampled her.

Trample (Ex): As a full-round action, an esuvee can move up to twice its speed and literally run over any opponents at least one size category smaller than itself. The creature merely has to move over opponents in its path; any creature whose space is completely covered by the trampling esuvee is subject to the trample attack. Trampled opponents can attempt attacks of opportunity, but these take a -4 penalty. If they do not make attacks of opportunity, trampled opponents can attempt a Reflex save (DC 22) to take half damage. A trampling esuvee can only deal trampling damage to each target once per round, no matter how many times its movement takes it over a target creature. The save DC is Strength-based.

Training An Esuvee
Training an esuvee requires six weeks of work and a DC 25 Handle Animal check. Riding an esuvee requires an exotic saddle. An esuvee can fight while carrying a rider, but the rider cannot also attack unless he or she succeeds on a Ride check.
Baby esuvees are worth 3,500 gp apiece on the open market, while young are worth 7,000 gp each. Professional trainers charge 1,500 gp to rear or train an esuvee.

Carrying Capacity
A light load for an esuvee is 918 lbs. A medium load for an esuvee is 919-1839 lbs. A heavy load for an esuvee is 1840-2,760 lbs.

Last edited:

Shade

Monster Junkie
Fantastic! :cool:

You should add that they need three times as much food as a standard mount, to simulate the poor miles per gallon of their namesake vehicle. ;)

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Shade said:
Fantastic! :cool:

You should add that they need three times as much food as a standard mount, to simulate the poor miles per gallon of their namesake vehicle. ;)

I did that, and I also added another limitation suggested by the folks at the Necromancer games board. Esuvees have a hard time with rolling over in sharp turns at speed. ;)

Aries_Omega

Explorer
I love it I was going to stat out this creature. I love the commercials for it...looks like you beat me to it though. Great work. I can't wait to use it on a group of players.

Aries

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Aries_Omega said:
I can't wait to use it on a group of players.

Excellent! Post back here when you use it and tell us how it went! I wish I could see the look on your players' faces when they finally get it! :)

Remove ads