• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Instant 12th level PCs?

mattcolville

Adventurer
About half my group isn't around tonight and so I thought it might be fun to hand out some pregenerated characters and run them through something from Dungeon. I picked Castle Maure because of it's history and the fact that these guys have been playing low level dudes for quite a while.

I need about 6 12th level PCs and I don't have time to make them myself. Ideally, I'd be able to customize them a little so they "feel" like an adventuring party rather than a random collection of dudes. Are there any good online sources for this?

JohnSnow

Hero
mattcolville said:
Ideally, I'd be able to customize them a little so they "feel" like an adventuring party rather than a random collection of dudes. Are there any good online sources for this?

Well, if you're willing to do a little customization...

Grab a 3.5e Dungeon Master's Guide. Go to the chapter about NPCs. Pick 6 character classes.

Grab the stats for 12th level characters. Change a few skills, feats, and some equipment. Let the players do some of the work. It doesn't honestly take THAT long to customize 6 characters. An hour, tops.

And don't worry about hitting ALL the equipment. Just include enough to make them functional.

Aside: This is another reason I like Iron Heroes. Statting up high-level characters is pretty easy. It takes longer to conceive the character than it does to write him up.

Son_of_Thunder

Explorer
Rogues Gallery

Start a thread in Rogues Gallery. Put a pointer in this thread to the RG thread. Ask the board members to build 12th level characters. Give guidelines ie. 28 pt buy or 4d6 drop lowest, use invisible castle, standard gold, core only etc. Say when you need them by. I'd willingly contribute.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Matt,

I just posted an idea in rogues gallery in your thread. It has no stats or nothing but some general character ideas.

Let me know what you think.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
2 statted out and equpped for you

You now have 2 characters. A Rog 5 / Figther 7 Half Orc, and a 12th level human Wizard, each with enough back story to give someone a starting point for role playing them.

END COMMUNICATION

Fieari

Explorer
Admittably, the wiki is a little short on ECL 12 characters, and could definitely use more. Mind donating yours?

Schmoe

Adventurer
Fieari said:
Admittably, the wiki is a little short on ECL 12 characters, and could definitely use more. Mind donating yours?

In the spirit of full disclosure, I admit to contributing three of the ECL 12 characters in the wiki. I have some more on my harddrive, but they are currently 3.0 versions, and I just haven't found time to do the necessary converesion (even though the conversion is slight).

Remove ads