D&D 5E Instant gratification versus saving money

Wolfskin

Explorer
My only choice is Amazon, so I can't help but save money. Now, if I could get the PHB for $50 RIGHT NOW... I'd probably buy it, then buy HotDQ later.

Joe Liker

First Post
I live in an area where a WPN store is 5 minutes from my house. However if I buy the PHB today it's a lot of money. Or do I wait and get it from Amazon for around 50% off. What would you do?
If you live that close to a FLGS, you need to cherish and support it, especially if it's a WPN store.

I had to drive a half-hour each way during lunch to get mine.:erm:

the Jester

Legend
I live in an area where a WPN store is 5 minutes from my house. However if I buy the PHB today it's a lot of money. Or do I wait and get it from Amazon for around 50% off. What would you do?

Personally, I'm waiting for Amazon to ship to me- but only because the nearest place I can score a PH today is probably at least 2 hours from my house. :( If I had the option to buy today, I'd be all over it. I cannot wait for the 19th to arrive.

Speaking as a Canadian who bought from Chapters.ca, I got one of my copies of the 5E Player's Handbook today, and I only paid $27 CAD for it. In essence, I got the best of both options. (Gestalt consumerism!)

Kobold Stew has started a nice thread discussing why this sucks completely for Canadian LGSs. XP that guy; he's feeling down about it all.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Research shows that those that learn to wait for gratification are happier, healthier, and wealthier than those that cannot. That said, I would buy from a store if i liked it. But then I can afford that decision.

Bugleyman

First Post
I just picked up two copies at the FLGS (one for myself, one for a friend), and I have another copy pre-ordered on Amazon (for the wife).

I'll probably buy just one copy of the MM and DMG, and I'll likely get those at the FLGS.

Remove ads