• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insted of Will Save...

JoeGKushner

First Post
takasi said:
The back page should be a double sided cardstock map tile scaled for miniatures. They should have one in every issue.

Actually, I think Diago's comment about being in the old 'centerfold' would be even neater as it could be two pages.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Only a geek like me would get excited about a centerfold of a grid-map. :)

Preferably, one each month with an exotic locale, like a volcano edge, or a huge number of water-barges connected by rope, or a cliff-edge on a mountain,etc. - something that looks cooler than if I just drew it up on my battlemat, and so I don't need Dundjinni to do this.

Simplicity

Explorer
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too...

If you're really looking for content (to fill in for Wil Save/Downer), offer Rich Burlew a page for Order of the Stick and a page for (possibly related) RPG content. He wrote the Order of the Stick stuff in order to get some exposure as a rules/setting writer. He might be willing to do the same in a magazine format... That could be kind of interesting. And after all, he did just quit his day job. :)

takasi

First Post
Hmmm, a grid map centerfold every month. That's hot! :)

As long as it's double sided and easily detachable that is. But actually, I'd rather have it in cardstock. It doesn't matter where it is in the magazine, I would just really like to see it. I think it would draw in more new subscribers than Wil Wheaton would, just make sure there's a scenario thrown in for skirmish gamers.

And do we really need a one-pager at the end? I would rather see an ad or a continuation of another article.

Corinth

First Post
By stripping out Wil's column and the comics--especially Downer--there'd be enough room for another short adventure, a Side Trek, a few Critical Threats or something else that's a far better fit for the big adventure module magazine.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
EricNoah said:
Another user-submitted option would be campaign reports from folks that are using Dungeon mag material in their campaigns. Or notes about how they linked different adventures together. Or just memorable game-play moments from recent Dungeon articles together.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd read it!

I'm not sure I would either. This strikes me as an extended "Letters" feature. I like the idea of campaign reports from previous Dungeon modules, but I have to be honest, I don't think I'd read it.

diaglo

Adventurer
Henry said:
Only a geek like me would get excited about a centerfold of a grid-map. :)

Preferably, one each month with an exotic locale, like a volcano edge, or a huge number of water-barges connected by rope, or a cliff-edge on a mountain,etc. - something that looks cooler than if I just drew it up on my battlemat, and so I don't need Dundjinni to do this.

map september .... mang was she a butte.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads