• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Insted of Will Save...

JoeGKushner

First Post
It was mentioned what we'd like to see removed from Dungeon.

I'd like to see something like Will Save, but every month take a normal player and have them relate their own experiences of the game to the readers. Maybe have a focus for it, "Long term campaigns" or "Playing in the modern world", but keep it moving and change it as necessary and remove the 'fame' from it all.

Have something like playing old editions with the current magazine. Show how everyday people like Diago keep the original edition alive and still support the new edition.

EricNoah

Adventurer
Another user-submitted option would be campaign reports from folks that are using Dungeon mag material in their campaigns. Or notes about how they linked different adventures together. Or just memorable game-play moments from recent Dungeon articles together.

On the other hand, I'm not sure I'd read it!

JoeGKushner

First Post
That would be cool.

Something like the old Forum bits from Dragon but a bit more useful and timely.

Not everyone has the internet so despite the fact that we can 'share' stories of such, it'd be nice to see it in print and to see what other people are actually doing with the magazine.

Jaws

First Post
JoeGKushner said:
but every month take a normal player and have them relate their own experiences of the game to the readers.
I skip that section in Knights of the Dinner table.

However, I would read what your suggesting if it was about people running the actually adventures that have appeared in Dungeon.

diaglo

Adventurer
gotta remember the audience.

so in this case it would be DMs. players shouldn't be reading Dungeon. unlike Dragon

so things like ways to convert monsters, traps, or encounters from adventure X in Dungeon Y would be great.

i'd still like to hear directly from teh author of the issue. pick one author... the main adventure of the issue. and have them tell about something in that adventure. why they chose it? how they used/introduced it? and so on...

JoeGKushner

First Post
diaglo said:
if it is only 1 more page..

map of mystery
or more ads to defray costs

I wouldn't mind maps of mystery, but more ads... well, the whole piazo section already strikes me as a bit much and as far as defraying the cost, perhaps a RPG business is different, but most times I've seen a company "save money" through tax cuts, etc... that money winds up not being passed onto the consumer but rather in the back pocket. (One of the reasons I never believed that trickle down economic theory.)

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
JoeGKushner said:
It was mentioned what we'd like to see removed from Dungeon.

I'd like to see something like Will Save, but every month take a normal player and have them relate their own experiences of the game to the readers. Maybe have a focus for it, "Long term campaigns" or "Playing in the modern world", but keep it moving and change it as necessary and remove the 'fame' from it all.

Have something like playing old editions with the current magazine. Show how everyday people like Diago keep the original edition alive and still support the new edition.

That would be a bigger waste of space, in my opinion, than some people claimed Wil Save was. For one thing, the quality of writing could never be guaranteed any kind of consistency. Plus, as others have said about Wil Save, I can read such articles on the internet by the bushel basket. Eric's idea is more interesting, but the same problem concerning consistency applies. I know that consistency of quality is a problem with anything in the magazine, as it is with any magazine, I guess, but at least there are regular contributors to Dungeon in the area of adventures. The columns proposed here would probably involve more turnover - but that's just a guess. I could well be wrong. Still, it just doesn't seem all that interesting to me.

I would like to see more ready-made NPCs, from tough guys like Warduke to low-level opponents, or even generic NPC stats. I especially like seeing the stats for some of D&D's "famous" characters, like Evard. Still, I guess people could say such stats are also readily available somewhere else (although finding generic stats for city guards or patrols or whatnot aren't that readily available). Anyway, the strength of this idea is that Dungeon could give us some really good art for such NPCs - Warduke, as depicted by Wayne Reynolds, is a spectacular example.

takasi

First Post
The back page should be a double sided cardstock map tile scaled for miniatures. They should have one in every issue.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads