• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Inter-racial breeding - help!

gamecat

Explorer
And everytime I thought my players were immature... I'll bite anyway... Stat Block Ranger to the rescue! [you can leave the "magical genetic experiment" out, that is fer my campaign]

Gob'lar
Small Outsider

Hit Dice: 1d8-1 (3 hp)
Initiative: +1 (Dex)
Speed: 30 ft, Fly 20 ft (poor)
AC: 15 (+1 Size, +1 Dex, +3 Studded Leather)
Attacks: Trident +0 melee or +1 ranged
Damage: Trident 1d8-1
Face/Reach: 5 ft by 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: Gob'lar Spores
Special Qualites: Fire and Acid Resistance 5
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +2
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 13, Con 9, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 8
Skills: Hide +7, Listen +2, Move (Fly) Silently +3*, Spot +2
<hr>
Climate/Terrain: Any land or underground
Organization: Pair, Squad (2-7), or Gang (3-18)
Challenge Rating: 1
Treasure: Normal
Alignment: Usually Neutral Evil
Advancement: By character class

Gob'lars are either the offspring of minor demons with goblins, or one of the mad Vivimancer Enslemar MacDuff's crazed experiments. At any rate, a Gob'lar looks much like a goblin, save a larger braincase, little demonic horns, and most strikingly, a large pair of moth wings. These wings exude a mildly toxic pollen.

Combat
Gob'lars attack en masse or do not attack at all. Once engaged, they prefer to remain airborne, dropping rocks and other heavy objects after tossing thier tridents.

Gob'lar Spores: As previously mentioned, Gob'lar wings exude a mildly toxic pollen. Whenever a Gob'lar flies over an opponent, they must make a fortitude save (DC 9) or take 1d2 points of temporary strength damage. A second save is necessary one minute later (failure results in acute sleeping and a -4 penalty to all future saves against Gob'lar spores.

Skills: Gob'lars can fly with amazing stealthiness. A Gob'lar recieves +4 to all fly silently checks.

Gob'lar Characters: A Gob'lar's favored class is rogue.

[the CR may be off, but hey, you get what you pay for. I hope you like it]

Yair

Community Supporter
gamecat: It is nice, very nice. I think I'll put the poison in claws or something, but thanks that is really neat.

I'll either go with gamecat's version or a fiendish goblin... we'll see. Either way, it will be a few years in campagin-time before the fruits of his labor will truly start to manifest... (that should take a lost of real time, we advance almost on par so far... lol. But I do intend to change that.)

Thanks everyone,
Yair

Iron_Chef

First Post
The Monsternomicon from Privateer Press has some "quickplates" in the back which are quick, easy and fun, and might apply here.

Sanackranib

First Post
fey're breeder

the real question is this. is elven blood compatible to gobin blood?
in prior editions orcs could breed with anything but elves. and goblins had a very high birth and mortality rate. goblins and orcs could interbreed. but that brings us back to the origional question.
the way I see it there are 3 good options:
1) the two races are not compatible for breeding.
2) offspring has a 50% chance of being steril. otherwise treet as tiefling.
3) the resulting hybred has a demonic subtype coupleing the raciel benifits of both races and deviding them in half.

I hope that helps.

Angcuru

First Post
Re: Re: Rules Smules

ejja_1 said:
They have plenty of blood, enough that with the right weapon and number of goblins you can wade in it.
Says ejja as sales of kiddie pools to adventurers skyrocket.

clark411

First Post
Are you certain he wants to have sex with goblin females? The "virgin sacrifice" alarms started going off in my head when I read what he wanted. What god does the fey'ri worship, and what are his long term goals that sacrifice could entail?

And if it is about having sex with them, I'd say "Alright, you have sex with goblin virgins." and be done with it.

Yair

Community Supporter
His Intentions

From the way he commented about it, I believe his intentions are merely sexual. If he WERE to sacrifice them for a demon, now... well, I would defintely reward such creative thinking. I like it when the players initiate things, rather than simply follow the plot I've written down. Much more interesting to me.
But, sadly, I don't believe this is the situation.

As for letting it go... I am going to keep it on the small burner until they mature anyway. Which should take a large part of the campaign. So they are an option I am holding for future plots... and you can never run out of good plot hooks. Basically, I've decided the campaign will be more interesting with his chidlren about, so I choose to make him have the children. How did that 3e motto go? "more options"!

David Argall

First Post
Breeding

a-Barring specific text to the contrary, everything is fertile with everything. So our PC should be able to knock up the goblins.

b-For the near future, and likely forever, the brats should be a burden. Hit him up for automatic child support, big time preferably. If he doesn't want to pay, either it gets deducted by unholy edict, or the kids grow up with the goal of hunting dad down for revenge, or...
The game is one of challenge, and we don't want things easy for the PC in any case.

c-There should be a possibility of profit from the kids, but it should definitely be a challenge to achieve it. He gets no benefit from sacrificing the kids unless there is a loss some other way as a result.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads