Interactive Map Question?

Jhaelen

First Post
Since I get a blank webpage with plenty of warnings about potentially harmful scripts when visiting that link, I have no idea, but wouldn't recommend to use the same approach.

The easiest way to do it is obviously a simple html page with an embedded image and hotspots, which can even be set up manually.

Tonden_Ockay

First Post
Doesn't Html pages take someone who knows a little about scripting?

I was hoping for more of a drag and drop system, because I don't know how to script or write code. :(

That said I have the maps I want to use and I have icons that I would like to use all saved using Paint.net. So most if not all the picture/art work is done.

I was hoping for more of a drag and drop system, because I don't know how to script or write code. :(

That said I have the maps I want to use and I have icons that I would like to use all saved using Paint.net. So most if not all the picture/art work is done.

Take a gander at Obsidian Portal, [MENTION=6866993]Tonden_Ockay[/MENTION]. The interface there isn't hard, and there are a lot of veteran users there who are happy to help new GMs learn the ropes.

Jhaelen

First Post
Not really, or rather, not much.
The only tool you need is something as simple as 'Paint' to display your image and the xy-coordinates of the areas you want to make clickable and redirect the user to a different page, and a text editor (even notepad will do).

HTML <map> tag explains the whole thing in three sentences.

But I'm pretty sure there's also plenty of free tools available that provide a user interface to create images with hotspots.

Remove ads