• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interest in Red Hand of Doom (Recruiting)

oriong

First Post
Could have been a standard reward for completing a squire/apprenticeship with the lord Jon trained under, perhaps Dalyn served a similar apprenticeship to one of the lord's huntmasters or a more rustic knight.

HandofMystra

First Post
I have wanted to play this since it came out (And have been saving myself by not reading it). I would play a halfling bard. I hope to have time to stat out this weekend. I am just in two other ENWorld games.

SolosAddie

Explorer
i hope so too, but basic ideas, and thoughts are fine by Monday, just want to hopefully have a finalized group, knowing what players are going to be involved, so if you can't stat and equip your character by monday, a basic outline submission is fine.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Sorry about not responding here Solos, my weekend is pretty jam packed, and doesn't really clear up until Monday, after my first funeral is over. So I won't be able to get anything together in terms of character until then, if that isn't too long. I was hoping to play a half-orc ranger, but I could probably go with a sword and board fighter, a polearm fighter, or some other front-line guy. Just kinda depends on what is needed. Let me know what the best option is, and let me know if there is still a spot for me, thanks!

SolosAddie

Explorer
well, i'm definitely not going to hold things like that against it. Just would like a rough couple sentences if you could sometime monday, or even tuesday after everyone's posted their ideas put just one or two, cleric +domains, ranger+ style, etc.

I haven't checked out it all thoroughly, but some of the ranger variants in the APG, might allow you to play a credible frontliner with ranger.

anyway, sorry to hear what's keeping you busy.

nothingpoetic

First Post
If ranger john is going melee, I wouldn't mind creating a half-orc ranger focused on ranged. If that is too much overlap, I can adjust with no difficulty.

Solos, I guess that sided a bit vague, I appreciate the sentiment, but when I mentioned my first funeral, I meant that I am conducting. Preparing for one is a different thing from some of the stuff i have done in the past, so this is probably my last post till tomorrow early evening sometime.

oriong

First Post
Really? Dalyn uses a greatsword and has 20 str. What kind of styles are we talking about?

There's the option to take '2-handed weapon' combat styles rather than 2-weapon or ranged (basically a new selection of bonus feats).

also possibly the Shapeshifter ranger, or the skirmisher which replaces spellcasting with a selection of rogue-style tricks.

Remove ads