• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Interested in a C-ville, Va Game Day?? (Rel!! Read this!!)

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
Okay, so the Squigly Bookworm of Death (Cthulhu's Librarian) and I have been talking recently about trying to set up a Game Day right here in Charlottesville, Virginia. And one of the things that we discussed was the possibility of starting a thread here on the forums to see if there might be some interest.

During our discussions, we also touched upon some possible dates as well. One timeframe suggested was late February/early March as the worst of the winter weather would be over. However, Prezcon (in C-ville) is at the end of February, and there is a convention up in Harrisonburg, Va sometime in March. Therefore, I countered with a possible date of early December (yes, this year), which while not leaving much time for organization is doable, and still before the nasty weather should hit us.

So the question remains - Might there be enough interest for a Game Day either the first or second weekend of December?

Question specifically for Rel - How much of a bribe would I need to get you to attend and run a game?? :D

Rasyr said:
Okay, so the Squigly Bookworm of Death (Cthulhu's Librarian) and I have been talking recently about trying to set up a Game Day right here in Charlottesville, Virginia. And one of the things that we discussed was the possibility of starting a thread here on the forums to see if there might be some interest.

Uh, since when did I get a new nickname? It's not as if I don't have enough already... :\

So, everyone in Charlottesville, central VA, Richmond, Shenandoah Valley, northern VA, DC, Baltimore, Blacksburg, and even those far reaching places like NC, what do you say?

Shoot. I had a blast at ENWorld/Terpcon a couple weeks ago, and would love to join you guys. You're just too far away for a subway-ridin' city slicker such as myself. :(

Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Shoot. I had a blast at ENWorld/Terpcon a couple weeks ago, and would love to join you guys. You're just too far away for a subway-ridin' city slicker such as myself. :(

What if I told you that I know some people who are going to be making the trip, and might be able to give you a ride? Would that help?

Crothian

First Post
Maybe if its in March and someone lets me sleep on a counch I might be able to make the trek. I'm not too sure exactly how far the drive is, but I know its doible.

D'karr

Adventurer
December is a bad month for me so I can't commit. I'll keep tabs on this thread as the date draws nearer. Maybe I'll be able to attend after all.

Crothian said:
Maybe if its in March and someone lets me sleep on a counch I might be able to make the trek. I'm not too sure exactly how far the drive is, but I know its doible.

According to Mapquest, it's 7 hours, 27 minutes (459.81 miles). That said, we'd love to have you, and I've got a place you could stay.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Rasyr said:
Question specifically for Rel - How much of a bribe would I need to get you to attend and run a game?? :D

ONE MEEELLLYUN DOLLARS!! HAHAHAHAHAAHA!! :mad:

Or maybe you could buy me like a beer or something.

I'd love to attend but it is going to depend on a few things. First exactly when the date is and whether that conflicts with any other stuff I've got going on (meaning I'd have to check with my lovely wife/social director). It also somewhat depends on how my business is doing by then and how much it's going to cost me to get there and stay there.

But if I can make it, I'd love to come. I'll keep watching this thread for a date.

Crothian

First Post
Cthulhu's Librarian said:
According to Mapquest, it's 7 hours, 27 minutes (459.81 miles). That said, we'd love to have you, and I've got a place you could stay.

That's an easy drive. I did a one day to New Hampshire and one day back in August, since that was long but not hard I figure these shorter trips are easier to do then I orginally thought. Ultimately it would depend on what date you all pick; but I am a positive maybe!! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads