• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E interview with Jeremy Crawford on Eberron: Rising from the Last War

pukunui

Legend
... then they're definitely giving that impression to an awful lot of people.
Says a random person on the internet, to which I would respond, “Let others speak for themselves.”

I suspect this move will have nowhere near as significant an impact as you seem to expect it will have.

Says a random person on the internet, to which I would respond, “Let others speak for themselves.”

I suspect this move will have nowhere near as significant an impact as you seem to expect it will have.

Ok so you're one of those people who misrepresents other people's posts. Well there's an ignore function for a reason! :)

gyor

Legend
If one counts future subclasses for the Artificer as part of the class, even ERFTW won't have the full Artificer, as the Archivist is going to be published somewhere else.

Remathilis

Legend
If one counts future subclasses for the Artificer as part of the class, even ERFTW won't have the full Artificer, as the Archivist is going to be published somewhere else.
Poor cleric; to get the complete class you need the PHB (knowledge, life, light, nature, trickery, war, tempest), DMG (death), SCAG (arcane), Xanathars (grave, forge), Ravnica (order) and the new book they are playtesting (twilight).

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster

And I wouldn't expect WGtE to get every single subclass ever published for the Artificer either. But since WGtE IS a payed product and they have promised to include the Class in when it was finished with revisions, I think that any of the "first run" subclasses should get included in it.

It's fine for the SRD/Basic rules to have a single subclass per Class. That is free and publicly published information.

WGtE is a paid supplement (whatever your stance on how clear or not WotC was about it being a stepping stone to a print book, this is a true statement) that they have promised to put the Artificer into once it was complete. I don't see why it should be short changed on Artificer subclasses from the get go.

That would also have no bearing on whatever future book the Archivist may be published in

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Here is a roughly hour-long interview podcast I found a few minutes ago where Jeremy Crawford answers some questions about Eberron: Rising from the Last War from the folks over at What Would The Smart People Do?

There are some technical issues with the audio. Just so you are aware.

Highlights include:

- Warforged no longer have subraces, but have some options for customization.

- Warforged gain a +1 bonus to AC, instead of Integrated Protection.

- Each area explored in the book will have information on how that specific area was affected by the Last War.

- the Homunculus is now accessible to the Artificer class, rather than the Alchemist subclass.

- the Alchemist subclass itself will focus more on potion making.

I’m glad to hear the Alchemist will focus on potions, though I wish they’d look back to 4e and also the first full class Artificer UA for Alchemical items like the blastpatch, tanglefoot bag, etc.

Remove ads