• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into Khybers Gate

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sedar, stand opposite me and let them come through the door, these vermin are best dealt with lest the infestation grows as I've seen all to often in places like this. You may want to stand back Johanel." says Bloodtalon as he stands ready to attack the first scorpion to come out of the room.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The first scorpion scuttles through the debris towards the door and slashes at Sedar with its claws. As it comes into range, Bloodtalon's swift sword lashes at it, cutting it deeply. It thrashes about, blocking the doorway while the second insect scuttles in behind looking for an opportunity to move in. Johanel drags the goblin child back as far as he can from the fray.

[SBLOCK]
Bloodtalon's Readied Action (1d20+2=14)
Bloodtalon's damage (1d6+1=4)

Sedar is up, Johanel will hang in the back and watch the fight unless his player posts. After Sedar, Bloodtalon is up again

Code:
#########
#       #
#  X    #
#   M X #
####M####
#X  SB  #
#X      #
#   O  X#
#   JG  #
# _     #
#|_|   X#
#########

G = Goblin
S = Sedar
B = Bloodtalon
J = Johanel
M = Monstrous Scorpion

H = Door
X = Nest

[/SBLOCK]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
The scorpion slashes at Bloodtalon with both claws and its barbed tail but only catches him with one claw. The second scorpion attempts to scuttle over top of the first one to get into the room, further hampering the first one's attack. The second one slashes at Sedar but misses.

[SBLOCK]
The second scorpion moves through the doorway and ends its move in the new spot on the map. It provokes an AoO from Sedar and Bloodtalon but you both miss.

Sedar is up, then Bloodtalon.

Damage
Bloodtalon: Claw Hit (1d3-1=0) Minimum 1

Code:
#########
#       #
#  X    #
#     X #
####M####
#X MSB  #
#X      #
#   O  X#
#   JG  #
# _     #
#|_|   X#
#########

G = Goblin
S = Sedar
B = Bloodtalon
J = Johanel
M = Monstrous Scorpion

H = Door
X = Nest

[/SBLOCK]

Erekose13

Explorer
This time Bloodtalon is able to score a hit.

[sblock=ooc]I was under the assumption that you couldn't move diagonally past a corner, in this case the door jam. As we were hoping to fight them one at a time, please let me know if I am incorrect.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Rewind!

OOC
[SBLOCK]
You're right, I didn't know about that part. I found it under the SRD combat rules. So this round the scorpion will move up 5' over the dead one to attack.

When measuring distance, the first diagonal counts as 1 square, the second counts as 2 squares, the third counts as 1, the fourth as 2, and so on.You can't move diagonally past a corner (even by taking a 5-foot step).
[/SBLOCK]

The second scorpion steps over the body of the fallen one and attacks. Only one of the claws hit, cutting a shallow gash on Sedar's leg.

[SBLOCK]
2 claws and tail (1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=15, 1d20-4=10)

Sedar: 6/7 HP
Bloodtalon: 8/9 HP
Johanel: Full

Code:
#########
#       #
#  X    #
#     X #
####M####
#X  SB  #
#X      #
#   O  X#