D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

I'm kinda toying with wanting to play a trickery domain cleric. What you point out about short and long rests being hard to come by makes me think a spellcaster would be sub-optimal, though. What're your thoughts on spellcasters?

Also: how long in real time do you estimate this thing might last?

Matthan

Explorer
Well, the adventure is short. It was written as a one shot. There aren't a lot of encounters so good resource management should make rests a non-issue. It's just something that I want you to be aware of up front so you don't blast everything on the first encounter and expect to be able to take a long rest. Also, spellcasters are versatile. If you come up with a clever way of achieving a rest using magic or something else, I'm not going to instantly ban it. I just want you to think that you are in a dragon's lair and once it knows you're in there, you probably won't have much time to hide/rest (again unless you're really clever which is something players excel at).

In terms of time, the adventure is short, but PbP makes things long. I'm guessing with consistent posting the adventure will be done in a month or two. That's my estimate though from no experience running PbP and little experience with high level play. There's going to be a lot of significant combat that slows things down as well. Even so, I still think a month or two should see the group either triumph over the dragon or become his dinner.

Matthan

Explorer
The first post is now updated with some character creation information. I know that it's going to take some time to generate characters and choose magical items so I'm going to keep the recruiting option open for a week or so. If you are making a character though, leave a note here with what class/role you're thinking of. It might help folks plan their characters to fill gaps.

Thanks!

Remove ads