D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Actually, CB, your rogue will be uncannily dodging fire breath while the rest of us are pounded with it.

EDIT: sorry "evading" not "uncannily dodging".

Last edited:

Matthan

Explorer
I've adjusted Pell. Radaceus had Pell's hp at 81, and Matthan suggested 64. I think, however, as a 12th level Rogue with a Con of 12, he should be at 75. He'd have 9 hp at first level, then 6 hp for each of the next 11 levels. 6*11 = 66. 66+9 = 75. That was a straight-up math error on my part, induced by a fatigued brain.

Other than hp, the only error I see is the one Matthan mentioned, which is that I'd erred in taking the Bracers of Armor (which was a hasty selection on my part, made without fully reading the Bracers' description in the DMG). I've dropped the Bracers and replaced them with "Flick," a shortsword +2. [MENTION=20005]Matthan[/MENTION], I'd like to try out the two-weapon fighting rules (PHB 195). I've armed Pell with the shortsword +2 and a mundane shortsword in his off hand. My understanding after reading PHB 195 is that I don't have to take a feat to be able to dual wield, so long as both weapons are light and the character uses his Bonus Action for the second attack. A Strength-based Rogue with a Con of 12 and an AC of 15 going against a dragon is probably not going to end well for poor Pell, but I'm not too fussed about that. I'll enjoy playing him until he croaks when the dragon breathes fire or poison or claws or whatever on him. :D

Thanks! If anything else is amiss, please say and I'll amend further.

Ugh, 75 is right. I went back and looked at my post. I added 63+11 and got 64. That's just embarrassing. I also forgot to give you the con bonus on first level which would correctly give you 75. Somewhere my elementary teacher just had a deep feeling shame wash over her.

Also, you are reading two weapon fighting correctly. Just note that it will use your bonus action which a rogue has a lot of other uses for. You won't add your ability mod to damage on the second attack either (which as a rogue isn't a huge deal). When we get into combat you may want to make some if then statements since you can only sneak attack once per turn. If the first attack hits, then bonus to disengage. If the first attack misses, then make second attack. That kind of thing.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I think Lakeover, post 39, is ready. (Some questions in the bottom sblocked area, though none especially pressing.)

Just note that it will use your bonus action which a rogue has a lot of other uses for. You won't add your ability mod to damage on the second attack either (which as a rogue isn't a huge deal).
Noted on the sheet.

When we get into combat you may want to make some if then statements .
Yeah. Agreed. No getting around the if-then statements sometimes. :(

Radaceus

Adventurer
looks like I had added one to many 6's for the 81, also late tired posting, giving advice and twice wrong! :)

------------------------

One could only hope it is fire we are dodging! If it's Cold, things could get very interesting for Ignis!

Well, it says recruiting so... possibly interested if there is a spot.
Goodness, I'm glad I read back through the thread a little or I'd have missed you editing in a character sheet! Cool, [MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION], a 12th level Fighter. What alignment will he be, do you think?

mips42

Adventurer
Cade would be Neutral good or Lawful Neutral. He's a soldier at heart so ideology isn't really his thing.
Also, in the builder I used, I could not find Fighting styles or Archetypes, so I still need to deal with that. But this at least gives you a starting point.

Trogdor1992

First Post
Yeah I'm definitely not gonna be able to get in on this. I just started a new job and can't even find time to build the character right now to be honest.

Remove ads