D&D 5E Into the Dragon's Maw (OOC)

Matthan

Explorer
Congrats for your new job.

If is okay, I will start to create the character, then.

Hey [MENTION=65487]Zeromaru X[/MENTION], I'm sorry I didn't respond to you sooner. The weekends can actually be really busy for me. Anyway, you're good. Go ahead and make a character. You'll round out the party at 6.
[MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION] Congrats on the job. We'll miss you playing this game, but a job is always great news.
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION] I'm going to look over your character in just a minute, but you're in.

That should be our party. I've taken the recruiting tag down and we'll get started soon.

Matthan

Explorer
[MENTION=6746242]mips42[/MENTION] I'm looking over Cade. I know he's not finished, but I wanted to give it an initial once over.

I want to make sure that I'm tracking the stat buy correctly. It looks like you went with the regular human (+1 to all stats) and spent some ASIs. I'm having trouble coming up with your initial point buy though. I think you have unspent initial points (I'm getting 3 unspent points when trying to replicate your spread and assuming you spent two ASIs)

Here's my attempt to rebuild your spread: initial purchase (pre racial) Str:13, Dex:13, Con:15, Int:11, Wis: 10, Cha: 8.
Modified for racial: Str:14, Dex:14, Con:16, Int:12, Wis:11, Cha:9
Two ASIs for Str: 18.
If that's right, you have three unspent initial points. You don't have to spend them, but they're there if you want them.

Matthan

Explorer
Questions:
1. potion of healing is listed as standard adventuring gear: does it count as one of the consumables? I'm assuming yes, and so I've not bought any under normal equipment. Also, I've bought no poison for the poisoner's kit.
2. Arcane clerics always prepare Leomund's secret chest. LSC requires 5050gp investment. I think it's unreasonable to assume he's spent that in the past -- Still, I've got no particular plans for it, but would trade all the consumables for it. For that matter, though, he'd also trade all consumables for an Immovable Rod; I'm not trying to barter here. Just saying'.
3. Are we counting food rations? (i.e. should I add create water to the spell list, etc., so I don't need to count food rations)?
4. I have no particular attachment to the poisoner's kit. Would you consider a "use rope" toolkit, allowing me to add my prof. bonus to any DCs for tying people up, or other rope-uses? 16 months ago, I wrote this, I now remember, on Use Rope.

[/sblock]

1. Yeah, that's the right call. With how open ended character creation was, healing had to be limited in some way to ensure some challenge. I'm already worried for my poor little dragon buddy.
2. While I am not trying to open a can of worms, I'm cool with you trading the consumables for LSC.
3. Don't stress about food rations. Even if this wasn't a one-shot, I'm not the kind of DM to really track that.
4. I said I was open to Homebrew and that certainly qualifies. Go ahead and give yourself a Rope Tool Proficiency. You can add your proficiency bonus to any check involving rope use that you make a good case for (Knots, rappelling, and other things that I'm not thinking of).

Matthan

Explorer
1. Cool.
2. Woo-hoo?
3. Cool.
4. Woo-hoo!

The can of worms was me desperately hoping that everyone doesn't want to suddenly edit their characters to offer me trades. Feel free to move that woo-hoo to a solid period (exclamation point at your discretion), the qualifier had nothing to do with you.

Remove ads