• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Into the World, Chapter One

bytor4232

First Post
[sblock=for Voldrath]"Aye, and we'd best move while it stays good. Tis no fun walking in tha rain." Riggan moves to the front with Trid. Casualy dropping a stone into his sling he keeps an eye out for any small game the other travelers haven't scared off.
[sblock]survival +4[/sblock]
[sblock=dm note]The hunting was suprisingly meager. At one point you thought you could spot a small rabbit, but by the time you could get a fix on his position, it was long gone.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

The first stretch of the journey went aloung pretty uneventfully. The party never spotted any signs of danger, nor did they spot any signs of wild game. They were still too close to Sidel, and its cursed lands stretched far.

As the sun began to hang low in the sky, it was clear that the night would be upon them soon to embrace them in darkness. They made decent progress for setting out later than the rest of the party, however it was clear that they would go no further this night. They were getting fatigued, drowsy, and needed to get camp set up before the black fell.

[sblock=ooc, dm note]Okay, its getting late. Now would probably be the best time to set up camp.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Charlie sets down his carried belongings near a tree. "Maybe we should get a fire going, eh? I don't wanna be shivering all night." He looks for dead wood or logs that would make suitable firewood, bringing each piece back to the center of the 'camp'.

Amazing Triangle

First Post
Trid looks at Charlie and realizes he had that idea but just seemed lost in the beauty of the forest.
"Yeah...I will help ya move the logs so we can have a fire. When we are done maybe we should ya know pitch the tents..." Trid moves about helping to move the firewood into place. When done he uses his talents to lit the fire.

Voldrath

Explorer
Riggan Glances up through the trees at what he can see of the sky, wondering for a moment if he May have been wrong earlier about the rain. "Guess I'll help the others with what tents we ave. Just, ya know, be careful with tha fire." He then busies himself setting up camp.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren

Darren nods to Malixus: "Let me help you, pal. I hope the tents we made will be of good use, when the rain begins." He shoots a look at Riggan with his last words.

renau1g

First Post
Mikhail will busy himself with gathering the firewood with the others. "Dis is gud work. Everyone helps, everyone wins" he'll say while working on his task.

bytor4232

First Post
Setting up camp proved quite simple. The makeshift tents worked better than anyone expected, standing tall and taught against the forest wall. Firewood was quite abundant in this small little clearing slightly off the trail, and that was about all the party found. Game was still quite scarce, the only food they gathered was a few roots and berries.

Shortly after setting camp and getting the fire started, the sun began to set. In the opposite sky from the blazing red tired sun, Black clouds on the horizon seemed to threaten from a distance, as cool air began to pour in with a slight evening breeze. The delicate sound of thunder rumbled in the distance, as lightning lit the dim sky from a distance. The storm was shifting in their direction, but the question as to when its terror would strike was a question for early morning at best.

[sblock=ooc, dm note]You find enough roots and berries to equal to two trail rations. You will need to deduct for the rest from your stores for you to eat supper. One trail ration will feed two people in one meal.

Okay, your all in the camp, have gathered your food, and are now getting ready to settle in by the fire for a meal and fellowship, if you feel your character would do such a thing.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Darren

Darren sits down by the fire and starts eating.
"What do we do in Barlonis? Malixus will seek this wizard to become his apprentice. And we other? I'm not very interested in becoming a miner. Perhaps I will seek some weapon training. What about you?"

Voldrath

Explorer
Riggan watches the fire warily. As long as it's under control. he thinks as he seats himself at the edge of its warmth. Carefully rewrapping the other half of his ration, he responds to Darrens question. "I was thinkin ta find a hunter or trapper ta take me on."

Remove ads