• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Invisibility question..

Corwyn

First Post
After reading a vew other post, where this spell was mentioned, some questions arose in my mind.

If I cast invisibility on myself when does it expire?
1 at the end of the duration.
2 If I attack an oponent.
3 If I'm struk by someone.

Or enything els ??

It might be I'm mixing up rules of 2e en 3e.

Zhure

First Post
Invisibility as per the spell lasts ten minutes per caster level.

It ends if the subject makes an attack. In the spell "Invisibility" there's a long list of things that are attacks. Notably, summoning a monster is not an attack.

Greg

Dieter

First Post
Zhure said:

It ends if the subject makes an attack. In the spell "Invisibility" there's a long list of things that are attacks. Notably, summoning a monster is not an attack.

Greg

In those cases, use "Improved Invisibility"...you'll get full predator action. :)

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Is there any clear rule on what constitutes an attack? What about the following spells:

1) A dispel magic targeted on an individual
2) Dispel magic targeted on an individual's magic weapon
3) Area effect dispel magic
4) Doom
5) Grease on the floor beneath someone
6) Grease on the floor in front of someone
7) Prayer

Daniel

Dieter

First Post
Ripped from the pages of the SRD

Of course, the subject is not magically silenced, and certain other conditions can render the recipient detectable (such as stepping in a puddle). The spell ends if the subject attacks any creature. For purposes of this spell, an "attack" includes any spell targeting a foe or whose area or effect includes a foe. (Exactly who is a foe depends on the invisible character’s perceptions.) Actions directed at unattended objects do not break the spell. Causing harm indirectly is not an attack. Thus, an invisible being can open doors, talk, eat, climb stairs, summon monsters and have them attack, cut the ropes holding a rope bridge while enemies are on the bridge, remotely trigger traps, open a portcullis to release attack dogs, and so forth. If the subject attacks directly, however, it immediately becomes visible along with all its gear. Note that spells such as bless that specifically affect allies but not foes are not attacks for this purpose, even when they include foes in their area.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Dieter said:
Ripped from the pages of the SRD

D'oh!

Thanks, Dieter. Now I just need to check my PHB when I get home to find out if I'm completely blind. I even read the spell before last session, trying to figure this issue out; did I miss an entire paragraph?

Anyways, thanks -- this is exactly the clarification I needed!

Daniel

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads