Iokharic Script Font

Siberys

First Post
Well, I recently got the Draconimicon, and decided I'd have a go at making the Iokharic script. Any changes I should make to it?

For the emphatic asterisks, simply use the normal asterisk key.

EDIT: I've updated the font - noticed a problem with quotation marks.

Attachments

Last edited:

Siberys

First Post
Ooh! Something I just noticed...

In the picture of the dragonborn in the PHB - page 34 - the male's axe says "ice"; his shield reads "always str" - a curvy thing next to it looks like a partially completed "o", so it would probably have been "always strong"

On the cover, the sword has a "w", and near the end is an "a"; Does anyone have a larger resolution version of this?

The paladin says, in elven, "god protect the righteous", though the wizard has gibberish; in the equipment chapter opener, the shoulder pad of the dborn says "auntless", with a "d" presumably just out of view.

Last edited:

Guyanthalas

First Post
I narrowed down the problem to the glyphs I was using as punctuation. This is the raw data from the PHB without the homebrew punctuation marks. I'll have an update for it as soon as I find out which ones and why they don't work correctly.

Last edited:

Siberys

First Post
No - I use OO, and I have no problems.

1) Take the font out of the .zip file and place it on the desktop.
2) Right-click and choose "install"

After that, you should be able to delete the font file, though you should probably check if it works first.

DMINGW00TISAWSOME

First Post
when i ried to use them, i put them on my desktop like you said, siberys, but there was no "install" option when i right clicked on them. any advice?

Last edited:

GothicProphet

First Post
Siberys, the only thing I can say is...

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Iokharic font works great for me, as do the Elvish and Dwarven fonts. I've been spending a lot of time searching the web for how to create fonts, just to make the Iokharic script into one! You've saved me a tremendous amount of time, energy, frustration, and not to mention money (font creation programs are pricey!)

You get yourself a :cookie: :D:D:D

GothicProphet

First Post
when i ried to use them, i put them on my desktop like you said, siberys, but there was no "install" option when i right clicked on them. any advice?
DMINGW00TISAWSOME, that really depends on what operating system you're using.

Vista: Extract the font files (.ttf) and right click on them, select "Install" and hit OK on the confirmation prompt.
Pre-Vista: Extract the font files (.ttf) and drag them into your Windows\Fonts folder
Mac OS: http://www.myfonts.com/support/help_install_mac.html - instructions for all the Mac OS's.
Linux: http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/installing-fonts-linux - instructions for Linux OS (using KDE in example shown)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Siberys

First Post
Actually, it was easy. I use an evaluation version of fontcreator and an enlarged picture of the font. Then just copy, paste, and space each character.

DMINGW00TISAWSOME

First Post
thanks! that explains why it wasn't working- siberys (no fault of his[rhyme]) gave me the instructions for windows vista. thanks again.

COMING SOON: 5 Plug-In Settlements for your 5E Game

Advertisement2

Advertisement4