(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 5)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Army of Krynn reverts back to Samantha (Spoof/Alzem) then.
Spoof retains the 700 PL for this army.

- - -

It is QUITE an interesting gathering, the one in the square in Veluna City.

Currently present are:

The King of Alphatia, allied with the Alliance of Oerth
The Queen of Thyatis, allied with the Alliance of Oerth
The Gith mercenary leader, allied with the Alliance of Oerth

GnomeWork's character, representing the Alliance of Oerth and the Lortmil Technomancy.
'o Skoteino's character, representing the Alliance of Oerth and the Orcish Pomarj.
Venus's character, representing the Alliance of Oerth and the Emerald Order

Serpenteye's character, the God Emperor, representing the Pantheon, the Union of the Worlds, and the Union of Oerth.
Mina, representing the One God and the Knights of Neraka.

Embassies from the Army of Krynn, allied with the Alliance of Oerth.
Embassies from the Githyanki Army, allied with the Union of the Worlds.

Spoof's character, representing the Celestials, and the Torilians.

Needless to say, the atmosphere is tense.

Last edited:

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Edena,

I'm a bit confused right now: have both the Gith and the Other faction joined us? I think I offered land about the size of 1 times Furyondy, which could never have been enough to get both factions to join us...right? Why exactly have the Others joined us, since they wanted land equal to the size of 2 times Furyondy?

If I've offered enough land for both of them, consider the rest of this post void.

If I can only convince one faction to join us (and only then), it will be the Gith (I've made up my mind: I will offer the Gith all the promised territories, the offer to the Others is cancelled). I just don't have the land to convince the Others to join us and more air transports never hurt anyone...

I'd like to update my Template:

Instead of 50 PL Civ Advance, I'd like to have 60 PL Civ Advance. This 10 PL will come from my standing army. Sorry for the inconvenience...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The King of Alphatia and Queen of Thyatis are reasonable people, 'o Skoteinos.
Good people, I would daresay.
They want the best for their people.

They see a bright future for their people with the Alliance of Oerth.
And freedom from the oppression of the Immortals of Mystara.

All they really want, in return for aiding the Alliance of Oerth, is a chance for their people to be free again.
Free to pursue their own ends.
Free to govern themselves.
Free to practice their religions.
Free to live.

They genuinely wish the Alliance of Oerth as allies, and they do not wish to alienate them.

The Gith are simply satisfied with your offer - they think the pay in plunder will make up for any missed land opportunities.
They are mercenaries who hire themselves out to the highest bidder, and take great pride in their fighting prowess.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
Acererak joins the gathering, snarling at the God-Emperor as he strides forward.

"The maggot from the Oerth Union is almost correct, but fails to grasp the whole truth, unsurprisingly. The truth is, you have no alternative but to join with Lady Mina. "

"Even I do not know whether it is by chance or destiny that she has arrived here, now, at this final crux in the fate of Oerth, but she is here. Doubtlessly the guidance of her One True God inspired her. The whole planet is dying. The Red Death creeps closer with every word you waste. Vast Illithid and Drow fleets are converging on you to eradicate every man or creature that swears to your names."

"If you do not join, there will be war. Whether it is with the Union of Worlds or the Army of Darkness is not yet set in stone. You may even win, an unlikely but possible outcome. However, you will never survive the resulting attack by those who stood by. Be resigned to this fact. If you cling to your independence like grubs to a carcass, your way of life, your planet, your existence and that of all those who depend on you, will end. There is no use crying over the injustice of it, or reciting vapid mantras of defiance or faux-heroic declarations of principle. That is simply the way it is, and beyond your control."

"Lady Mina offers the only way out. I am not saying you have to like it. Believe me, I find standing on the same side as these Union bowel-scrapings far more repugnant than any opinion you may have of the Lady's methods, but I abide. Do not condemn a world to die for your vanity. Live with it, and by it. It is a small step to take in the end, the decision takes but an instant. Give in, let go."

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel returns to Veluna City.

"God-Emperor - for now, I must say that I agree with you. While I shall never agree with your practices, Oerth must stand as one against any offworld threats. So long as Mina does not force her religion upon any of those under the care of the Oerth Alliance, the Lortmils Technomancy will cooperate with you to fend off the spacefleet that threatens our planet."

"However, should you turn on us, then you will be in for one hell of a nasty surprise - and that goes for too, Mina."

Kessel takes a glass of the 'lithwine, says "To victory," and takes a draught from it.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Kessel hastily puts his glass back on the tray.

"Come now, my allies. I don't like the Union, and I probably never will. At this point, though, we should work with them to ensure the survival of Oerth. In the end, it's our world that matters."

"As for Mina - I'm not in a position to say. I'll go with the Alliance's decision on that one. But I will try to work with the Union to prevent offworlders from destroying Oerth."

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Ho Skoteinos looks at Kessel, then frowns. He sighs. "I suppose you're right Kessel, in the end, Oerth *is* all that matters. But Mina, know this: though I do not submit to your One God, or do anything else that you require, like the illusionary pleasing of my people, I will stand with you in battle against the fleet of Evil, for they are the prime threat now."

He take a glass of the wine, mumbles "to victory" and drinks...

Last edited:

Remove ads