(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 1)

Sorry, I might need to blow off a little steam here:

Melkor, I won't metagame about any posts about other settings and such that are in your plans, but, did you even *think* about Athas before we all revealed our plans about the future of the IR...or did you see how under my plans I was going to ally with the world of Athas?

Alyx

First Post
Jand bows his head.

Around him lay the shattered walls of a small fortress. The remains of the once mighty defences are unseen, however. The world fog cloaks them.

Somewhere the people of Celestial are doing their best to rebuild. Somewhere the few remaining elves of Varnaith, Celene, and the Lendore Isles are mourning. The fog cloaks all, renders isolation, seperates friends.

This fortress is a monument to a war. A war that swallowed people whole, destroyed them utterly, killed indiscrimantly men, women...and child.

Some might say that none of them mattered. None of those people shook the world. None of the innocents played any part in the greater scheme of things. None of them could flay the sun, destroy a moon, kill a million people without a single thought or care.

Care. That was the key word. There is not one soul left who cares. Oh, maybe somewhere sombody mourned. But who among the mighty would even deign to notice a single, lost, bent soul?

A million die. And every one of them, in the end, make not a sound.

Tokiwong

First Post
Finding the Path

Talindra paced softly aside the dark brooding deity, which was Iuz his small frame form dwarfed by her tall lithe build and willowy appearance. He continued along the long dark hall in silence, “Why are you following…” his voice no higher then a whisper…

Talindra paused at his side, “I was waiting for an acknowledgement of my existence, mighty Iuz…” she looked out from the hall towards the dancing flames, chaotic and powerful, they surrounded the whole of Chorazin. She looked at the flames, “You came to my world as a conqueror… why did you stop? You claim to be a God… a creature beyond the ken of us mortals… so why did you stop your onslaught…”

Iuz sighed, “It is pointless.”

“Pointless?”

Iuz turned his full fiery gaze upon her, “Pointless Lady Talindra, I have fought and scrapped for a millennia… for longer then sometimes I wish to remember… and what do I have to show for it… Godhood…” he chuckles, “bitter consolation it cannot stem the pointless void growing in my being…”

“You are remorseful then?” Talindra replied confused.

“I feel nothing, going to your world was a mistake upon mistake born out of greed, blind greed and a hunger for power… I could have taken that offer and crushed Oerth into dust… I damned that world once why not do it again… but to what end? What purpose is served by destroying which deep in my soul I hold dear…”

“So then you are moved by emotion…” she replied with a slight arch in her brow, her green eyes focusing on the small form of Iuz.

“I feel nothing…” he replied frustrated by the woman’s inquiries.

“You love this world… this Oerth… despite the actions you have committed the atrocities… you love it… you crave… so much you wish to hurt it… and yet you will not destroy it… no matter how much you clamor otherwise…” Talindra replied boldly smiling. She placed a hand on his shoulder, “There is no shame in that Iuz, Lord of the Glowing Darkness… you love this world… this Oerth… why not help to save it…”

Iuz glanced up to the woman, “It is not my place… nor my time. The people must decide the fate of Oerth, they face a powerful threat but if there is one thing we Oerthians can depend upon, we band together in times of need and fight. A common foe unites us; it is only when we fracture amongst ourselves that we falter… I am the most guilty in the recent events… my fate is exile until I can find the right path…”
Talindra nodded withdrawing her hand, “Then perhaps you can learn the right path… and save your world yet…”

Iuz continued walking, “That path is fragile and eludes me… wherever I search… whomever I touch it turns… black with death… death follows me… I cannot say that I do not enjoy the thought… but that will not help my dying world…”

Talindra followed and nodded, “We of the Veiled Alliance… now the Council of Arcana shall support you… we owe you much just as you owe us…”

Iuz nodded, “I trust that together we can find the Path… and set things a right… let it be known that my cruelty shall not be bated… but I will not allow my world to be destroyed… by forces without or within…” Iuz continues to pace down the hall… "I have many sins to amend... and many more yet to commit..."

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Best Line Ever

Tokiwong said:
"I have many sins to amend... and many more yet to commit..."

OOC: Good line, Tokiwong! And excellent roleplaying, Alyx. Truly spectacular.

Anabstercorian broods.
Oerth is a treasure. Oerth is a trap. The mist is a blessing. The mist is a curse. Substare cannot be destroyed. Red goo can destroy Substare.

<< Why am I fighting? Am I fighting to save my people? Am I fighting to change my people? Am I fighting to save Oerth? >>
<< I'm not fighting to save Oerth. >>
He floats through the convection cells of the sun, musing.
<< Why am I fighting, then? Why didn't I leave with the fleet and find a new world to crush? >>
<< Because you want to WIN, Anabstercorian. You always did. >>
<< And win I shall. I will NOT flee. I will deny the Dark Powers Oerth. I will deny everything to all but the Illithid, and I will do it without killing a soul. I will do it perfectly. I will be Grace. >>
<< I will WIN. >>

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
GETTING RID OF 11TH LEVEL TROUBLEMAKERS, THE FUN AND EASY WAY

THE USUAL QUESTIONS

It all starts with the usual questions, but the answers ... ah, there is where the difference is!

What can you do with 11th level magic quickly?

You can launch a Stage 1 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 1 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a few minutes?

You can launch a Stage 2 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 2 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in an hour?

You can launch a Stage 3 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 3 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a day?

You can launch a Stage 4 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 4 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic in a week?

You can launch a Stage 5 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 5 Defense (see below)

What can you do with 11th level magic using all of Turn 7 to do it?

You can launch a Stage 6 Attack (see below)
You can launch a Stage 6 Defense (see below)

PUTTING THE OTHER POWER IN THE GARBAGE

You all know the trouble is that each Power has several thousand mages who can cast 11th level magic, and several thousand clerics who can cast 11th level magic.

Right?

Get rid of those mages and clerics, and PRESTO: no more problems with 11th level magic from that Power.
That includes that Power's NPCs.

It does not include that Power's PC, but that PC cannot rebuild his army of lost mages and clerics - he is a lone 11th level caster against your thousands of 11th level casters.
Guess what happens to him next? (chuckle)

Now, all you need to do is to have your thousands of mages and clerics, launch a single attack - combining all their power - against the enemy mages and clerics, to get rid of them.
The longer you take to launch this attack, the more powerful it is - thus the Stages above.

Each Stage simply means the Attack is more powerful.

DISPOSING OF THE GARBAGE

If your attack succeeds, you can dispose of the enemy mages and clerics in the garbage, as follows:

You can send them to Ravenloft. They won't be returning to bother anyone, ever again.
You can send them to the 9th Plane of Hell. Nothing can return (DM's ruling) from there.
You can send them to the Seventh Heaven. Nothing returns from there either.
You can teleport them all into one of those giant Spheres of Annihilation that is lying around. They won't be returning from that.
Or, you can declare it a simple, straight, 11th level kill.
The body will live (because of the Mists) but the soul is destroyed, so the enemy mages and clerics becoming babbling idiots, or mindless automatons, or go into permanent catatonia, incapable of ever casting magic again, or doing much of anything else either.

Anyway you put it, it comes up Enemy Neutralized. No more 11th level nonsense out of him!

(His Power retains 10th level magic, and still exists ... until you use your 11th level magic to blow his Power to smithereens, capture his PC, and subject his PC to all your built up displeasure at his doings.)

Now, as I said, the longer you build up the power, the greater the attack, as represented by the Categories given above.

If an ally helps you in the attack, his Categories stack with yours.

If you are being attacked - if someone and their allies are trying to put YOU in the garbage can - you can defend yourself.

The longer you build up your defense, the greater the defensive power - thus, the Category system once more.

Again, a higher Category simply means your defense is stronger.

If allies come and help you, their Categories stack with yours.

EXAMPLE:

So, if Kalanyr waits an hour, building his power up, he would throw a Category 3 attack.
If Alzem, who had taken only a few minutes to build an attack, joined him, the combined Attack Category would increase to 5.
If Forrester, who built up for an entire Turn, then joined them, the combined Category would jump to 11.

Mr. Draco and Serpenteye, although they are playing one power, may combine their Categories - they are counted as two separate Powers for this purpose.
So, let us say both of them are the ones under attack by Kalanyr, above.
Both have spent a whole day preparing, so they each have a Category 4 defense.
The 2 Categories stack, so they have a Category 8 defense.

Thus, it becomes a Category 11 Attack versus a Category 8 Defense.

What will happen? See below! The charts show what might happen!

MISCELLANEOUS

I will be running Turn 7 in terms of DAYS passed - I will announce day 1, then day 2, etc.

It is appreciated that the IR is a worldwide affair, and it takes people time to post.

Therefore, if someone posts they are making an attack, the defender has 24 hours IRL to post he is defending himself, and his allies also have 24 hours to post they are helping.
If someone posts they are making an attack, people have 24 hours to post they are helping the attack, also.
At the end of that 24 hour period, I will resolve the attack.

THE CHARTS

And just what is the resolution?
Well, it is summarized below:

(Mind you, I the DM always make the percentile rolls below!)

- - -

Attack Category / Defense Category
Effect on Defender

- - -

1 / 0

10% chance 100% destroyed
20% chance 50% destroyed
30% chance 25% destroyed
40% chance 12% destroyed
50% chance 6% destroyed
60% chance 3% destroyed
70% chance 1% destroyed

2 / 0

20% chance 100% destroyed
30% chance 50% destroyed
40% chance 25% destroyed
50% chance 12% destroyed
60% chance 6% destroyed
70% chance 3% destroyed
80% chance 1% destroyed

3 / 0

30% chance 100% destroyed
40% chance 50% destroyed
50% chance 25% destroyed
60% chance 12% destroyed
70% chance 6% destroyed
80% chance 3% destroyed
90% chance 1% destroyed

4 / 0

40% chance 100% destroyed
50% chance 50% destroyed
60% chance 25% destroyed
70% chance 12% destroyed
80% chance 6% destroyed
90% chance 3% destroyed
99% chance 1% destroyed

5 / 0

50% chance 100% destroyed
60% chance 50% destroyed
70% chance 25% destroyed
80% chance 12% destroyed
90% chance 6% destroyed
99% chance 3% destroyed

6 / 0

60% chance 100% destroyed
70% chance 50% destroyed
80% chance 25% destroyed
90% chance 12% destroyed
99% chance 6% destroyed

7 / 0

70% chance 100% destroyed
80% chance 50% destroyed
90% chance 25% destroyed
99% chance 12% destroyed

8 / 0

80% chance 100% destroyed
90% chance 50% destroyed
99% chance 25% destroyed

9 / 0

90% chance 100% destroyed
99% chance 50% destroyed

10 / 0

95% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

11 / 0

98% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

12 / 0

99% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

13 / 0 and above

99% chance 100% destroyed
Otherwise, 50% destroyed

Every Category of Defense reduces this by 1.

So, in the example above, Kalanyr has a total Attack Category of 11.
Mr. Draco and Serpenteye have a total Defense Category of 8.

That is the equivalent of a 3 / 0 on the above scale.

So, Mr. Draco and Serpenteye have a 30% chance of their entire army of 11th level casters, mage and cleric, being put in the garbage.
A 40% chance that half of them are put in the garbage.
A 50% chance that a quarter of them join the garbage heap.
And so on.

If the Defense Category is stronger than the Attack Category, the following chart applies:

0 / 0

5% chance 100% destroyed
10% chance 50% destroyed
15% chance 25% destroyed
20% chance 12% destroyed
25% chance 6% destroyed
30% chance 3% destroyed
35% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 1

2% chance 100% destroyed
5% chance 50% destroyed
7% chance 25% destroyed
10% chance 12% destroyed
12% chance 6% destroyed
15% chance 3% destroyed
17% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 2

1% chance 100% destroyed
2% chance 50% destroyed
3% chance 25% destroyed
5% chance 12% destroyed
6% chance 6% destroyed
7% chance 3% destroyed
8% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 3

0% chance 100% destroyed
1% chance 50% destroyed
1% chance 25% destroyed
2% chance 12% destroyed
3% chance 6% destroyed
3% chance 3% destroyed
4% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 4

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
1% chance 12% destroyed
1% chance 6% destroyed
1% chance 3% destroyed
2% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 5

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
1% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 6

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
0% chance 1% destroyed

0 / 7 and beyond

0% chance 100% destroyed
0% chance 50% destroyed
0% chance 25% destroyed
0% chance 12% destroyed
0% chance 6% destroyed
0% chance 3% destroyed
0% chance 1% destroyed

Therefore, it is up to each power to decide how long it will build up it's Attack and Defense, who will pump up the Attack, and who will bolster the Defense.

THE CLINCHER!

You only get ONE Attack and ONE Defense at a time. One Attack, and One Defense, simultaneously.

Thus, you can only attack ONE Power at a time.
You can never attack two or more Powers simultaneously.

You may Attack (your one allowed Attack), and you may Defend yourself (your one allowed Defense), at the same time.

However ...

If you state you are Defending another Power, you cannot Defend yourself!!!

Nor can you Defend more than one other Power from an attack.

(Mr. Draco and Serpenteye count as one Power, for the purpose of defending them.)

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
(OOC: Sorry I have been away people. I have been pretty busy.)

Hazen kneels in prayer as the Angels make their announcement. There are tears in his eyes, tears of joy which have not been seen for a long time.

"Thank you. I am honored by your trust. I swear that we shall heal Oerth and protect its people. I mourn the loss of Luna, and if I can, I will try to heal wounded souls"

"People of the Kevellond League, it is time for our greatest trial. We must fight the Red Mists and the Dark Powers of the Domain of Dread. We shall do so by healing the world and restoring what was lost."

Hazen restores the dead NPCs to life that belonged to him, and restores Keoghtom, Murlynd, Zagyg, Kallden, and Heward. (These demideities are played by members of the Oerth Alliance.)

The Kevellond League summons Oerthblood to its lands and begins to combat the mists and heal the soil. During this interlude, I will try to heal as much territory as I can. I also begin raising my dead, and the dead of the Oerth Alliance nations. I begin raising the righteous dead of all generations, people committed to fight for, protect, and heal Oerth. I will also help restore the NPCs of allies.

Hazen sends a message to the leaders of the nations of Oerth.

"Let us heal Oerth. Whatever our differences, we love this world."

Hazen asks that the people of Aquaria join with him in this effort. I will not claim them, as it would be rude to do so.

Hazen joins Kalanyr's efforts to contact forces on Athas opposed to the Dragon Kings. Also, he contacts the Chosen of Mystra and other Torillian factions. (Forrester, I am sorry to see you go. I have been critical of your actions. I think several players made sure that they would do all to make sure that the IR would continue.)

Hazen appears before Jand. (Alyx, Hazen is now an Angel, so his appearance has changed.)

"Have hope, my brother, my friend. You are valiant. People do care. I swear before Rao and all the powers of good that I shall work to save Oerth. "

"I hope Alzem speaks with me. He seems to have grown grimmer."

Edena, I suggest that you play Toril. You may wish to put out a call for more players. I have a few friends on the boards who might respond. Also, Alzem says he knows a few people.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Always with the phat l33tness, Edena

Edena, I bestow upon you the +5 Hat of Total Pimpitude, +6 vs. Getting Yo Gaming Shiz-Nit On.

Also, I would like to take this moment to play my Total Bastard card, and reveal the fact that I have Mordenkainen under the control of the Dictum - Since turn 3, in fact. He is now flying up to personally supervise the construction of the Penumbral Hub - He should do well, Gary Gygax always was a damn creative guy. I bet he'll pull something amazing out of his arse to speed up construction.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases