(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again, all over Flanneas a myserious, cloaked person continues to devour all the corpses it can find...as soon as person sees it, it vanishes before they can blink...only to reappear miles elsewhere and continuing devouring...feeding...

William Ronald

Explorer
Hmm, I go away to celebrate with friends and Oerth is in ruins.

Forrester, Kalanyr: 10th level magic can be used to speed up crop growth, improve crop yields, and do other useful agricultural stuff. Also, 10th level versions of create food and water may help a lot.

With tears streaking his face, Archcleric Hazen stands in Veluna City, which was spared the fate of Mitrik and Chendl.

"We must first thank the heroic warriors who fought today against the threats against our world. Many laid down their lives. They came from many places to save Oerth: the lands of the Kevellond League, the Empire of Iuz, the Dark Union of Eastern Oerth, Highfolk,the Underdark, Perrenland, the home of the fey, Lyrn, the UC of Toril, Hope Island, and may other places besides. We will remember them and honor their memories forever."

"Even now, heroic warriors are fighting Acerak, the Scarlet Brotherhood, and the remnants of the Black Brotherhood. We stand with them."

"Now comes to the task of rebuilding. We will mourn and remember, but we owe it to the dead to rebuild."

"Remember this day. We shall and institute a Day of Remembrance for all nations of the Kevellond League. Perhaps it will be adopted by all lands as we remember this day."

"May those who fought for Oerth this day be forever blessed, whether among the heroic dead or living amongst us still."

While using my troops to help restore order and fight any Black Brotherhood forces left, I begin the work of feeding people and rebuilding.

Murlynd, Heward, Keoghtom, Hazen and most of my NPCs will try to heal and resurrect people while increasing the food yield in Sterich and elsewhere in the Kevellond League. We ask Forrester and Kalanyr to do so throught the world.

(Your combined efforts may make a life wave possible. However, it might be best to wait until we are certain everyone has enough food.)

We will make devices similar to those being constructed by the Dark Union. We will send people to Sigil to buy grain and other foodstuffs as well. Emissaries are sent to the Upper Planes to try to get food and assistance.

As Suhfang was away from the brunt of the war, the NPCs associated with it will do everything they can to increase food yield.

Kaboom's people will do the same. (I am running his forces until he returns.) The other Oerth Alliance nations can be assumed to be doing the same thing.

Forrester and Kalanyr: Please use 10th level magics to augment food production and assist rebuilding efforts.

Forrester: The UC of Toril and its allies can grow lots of food back home that can be brought to Oerth. Please do so.

Well done, guys. I wish I hadn't been so busy today. Now I have to check if my homebrew game is still on.

William

Forrester

First Post
William -- that is an excellent idea.

Edena -- can I bring in, by RealmShip, a few hundred hundred tons of food?

Magic = good.

Forrester

Kalanyr

Explorer
William, I am doing everything I can to help rebuild and produce food as it is. If I can do anything more it will be done.

"Forrester,sometimes a sacrifice is necessary, but letting every being on Oerth die will not help us and it will only give Acerak more corpses to reanimate given time. If I can be assure civillian casualties will be minimal aid will be sent. Until then, I will heal,feed and shelter those who I can."

Forrester

First Post
Sollir Furryfoot said:
Once again, all over Flanneas a myserious, cloaked person continues to devour all the corpses it can find...as soon as person sees it, it vanishes before they can blink...only to reappear miles elsewhere and continuing devouring...feeding...

Okay, what the hell is going on here? :)

<Shows 10th level magic badge>

Forrester

William Ronald

Explorer
Hello,

Going away for a game. I may be out until tomorrow afternoon.

Until I get back, I assign control of my forces to Oerth Alliance members. Starting with dagger whom I last left in control. In my absence, others can speak for my faction - including such allies as Forrester. (Forrester, Kalanyr- good work.)

Forrester: Check your e-mail and share it with Kalanyr. I think you and he will like my idea. I think Mr. Draco and Serpenteye will likely pin a medal on you both if it works. (Let's say it helps the DU - and almost everyone else - out in a big way.) A few hundred million tons of food may be required. Edena will decide.

Also, the Celestial Empire is pretty far off the map. Is it in the realm of semi-normalcy? I am asking on behalf of Alyx.

The Kevellond League will work with Kalanyr and allies to help stabilize the situation. That is the primary goal. When we have done all we can in our lands, we will send help to the surrounding areas. Kalanyr, as you are leading these efforts, you decide where to go. Also, three demigods and several clerics and druids can help with the food situation. Indeed, multiple casting of the 2nd edition Goodberry spell (1st level) is a very good idea. (A berry sustains a person for a day. Sollir, your NPC who believes she is an incarnation of Oerth - probably she is a priest or druid of Beory the Oerth Mother - should really be able to help you on this front.)

If no one else is doing so, we will try to assist the Pomarj and the forces under 'o Skoteinos with their relief efforts.

Last edited:

JohnBrown

First Post
Assuming that the fight in Greyhawk is over (only skimmed over these last few pages), no more uber-beings are bent to destroy the world, killing all life-yada yada (I’m mean four months and I don’t know how many plots to destroy the world…gets kind of routine, even for evil demi-god :) ). The Empire of Iuz will start rebuilding itself. Now that Shade are gone, if I can move back into the Cairn Hills great, if not that’s great too. Abandon the Bright Lands if I have too, again doesn’t much matter. Of course attempts will be made by to undo the damage done by the Shade poisoning. If the IBKSC can’t make it better by themselves, then they will do their best to make sure the lands are equally useless to anyone else even after the situation is fixed by 10th level magic or what have you. As I said before, if the IBKSC can’t have them, then we will do our damnedest to make sure no one else will get them either. Once the job is complete to the best of our ability, everyone moves of to the Barrens, Ket, Horned Lands, Iuz, and Stonehold

The borders will be closed to general traffic, foreign military officers will be asked to leave etc. Ambassadors will be allowed to stay, but they will find it a lot harder to get any of the IBKSC’s leadership’s time. Merchants and traders will still be allowed in but their goods, identification papers, etc., will be checked, re-checked and checked again. The IBKSC is going into a general state of Isolationism.

We do not ask for anyone’s help. We do not accept it if it is offered.

Before they disappear for a while, (but not forever by any means :) ). Iuz and the Boneheart will go to the City of Gods that I understand is all-defenseless now and take all the technology they can get their hands on.

Forrester probably has people there already to prevent that sort of thing, I’m sure (again, I have only skimmed the last few pages). If that is the case, they will be told that the IBKSC fought the robots, have massive losses to them and thus are entitled to some of the spoils. If they still refuse, Iuz and the Boneheart will attempt to kill them. This will most likely prove difficult, but it is what they would do. Anyway, if there is a fight and assuming they survive it, Iuz and his gang take all the technology they can possibly take and disappear for a time.

See everyone for Turn 5.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hello. Just dropping in to say "hi," and that I have not abandoned the IR. Just been a little overwhelmed with RL is all.

Edena - the Lortmils will begin sharing our technology with Forrester.

Forrester - Sorry about that. You didn't tick me off, I just simply forgot to list you in my tech-sharing thing.

---

Hmm... it seems that the current situation on the agenda is food production. Edena, can the Lortmils begin anything with bioengineering food? Make corn larger, make more food per seed planted, etc. etc. We'll start a project on that idea right away. If we're just a few tech points away from nanotechnomancy, I imagine that we can figure out bioengineering foods pretty quick. That does involve gene manipulation, though, so I don't know how that would work out. But we'll work on it, for now - we'll just try to breed some really nice varieties of food. Corn, chickens, what have you. If necessary, we'll pay a visit over to the remnants of the City of the Gods to root around in their gutters to see if we can find anything helpful in this situation. We won't interfere with anyone else going through the City, though. They can take what they want, so long as we are left alone to find what we want.

Uvenelei

First Post
Wallace, Aurican's bookkeeper, organizes a relief effort for the people of the Crescent. Fires are put out, crops saved, food distributed from unharmed Ishtarland, wounded moved and tended to, etc. Merchants are sent to Sigil and other planes to buy up food supplies, and the UC is asked if they have enough food to spare. We are willing to pay for all of it. When relief effort has momentum throughout the Crescent, diplomats are sent to every nation on Oerik, asking if they need help. Trust me; Wallace is undoubtedly skilled enough to handle a continent-wide relief effort.

To Forrester: Thank you for all your help.

To Kalanyr: Thanks to you as well, and welcome home.

Forrester

First Post
JohnBrown said:

Before they disappear for a while, (but not forever by any means :) ). Iuz and the Boneheart will go to the City of Gods that I understand is all-defenseless now and take all the technology they can get their hands on.

Forrester probably has people there already to prevent that sort of thing, I’m sure (again, I have only skimmed the last few pages). If that is the case, they will be told that the IBKSC fought the robots, have massive losses to them and thus are entitled to some of the spoils. If they still refuse, Iuz and the Boneheart will attempt to kill them. This will most likely prove difficult, but it is what they would do. Anyway, if there is a fight and assuming they survive it, Iuz and his gang take all the technology they can possibly take and disappear for a time.

See everyone for Turn 5.

My forces saved your lands, Iuz. If I had not shown up, it is certain that the robots would have taken your nation, and you would be speaking to me from exile.

I will allow you to take a trinket or two, but that is all. Fight me if you wish. For I think I deserve what is here more than any.

EDENA -- I have a total of 450PL on Oerth. 150PL are fighting Acererak and company. 200PL are helping to rebuild Oerth, put out fires, feed people, etc. I hope I can get a shipment of food in from Toril.

And 100PL, including my best scientists, (and best Kender!!) are looting the City of the Gods. We've earned it. No one will be allowed in -- with the exception of Kalanyr. He can take a few things if he likes.

I make quite certain, with my scrying, of who is entering and who is not.

Please let me know what we find (I literally have a few million people scouring the City at this point), how much PL we pick up due to the resources we find there, and so on.

EDIT -- someone said that there might be a bunch of preserved foodstuffs there, just in case The Masters returned. We're definitely going to look for it!

Forrester

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases