(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (End)

I just finished reading everything...wow...although i'll decide Hellmaster's fate a little later, considering I had about 5 minutes to weigh the possibilities :)

Creamsteak, i'll join in the game, taking: "Shadowlands (Maho-Bujin) 50 0 Taint (10) Taint" and is it possible to take Daigotsu, Lord of the Shadowlands as my PC? :) (Also, I noticed they don't have any technology? Will they have some other bonus to offset this? Even if they don't I want to play them *evil grin*)

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
Serpenteye, if my plan comes to fruition I have a job for you :D

You'll have a AL change to LN..... that would happen...

But I might think you might like the job for it coems with great prestige and great responsibility.

But I think I can entrust a god with that, someone who has never failed in their duty and obligations and promises to me.

I'll give you the plan and offer the job if William and I work this out.

His alignment is already LN, he is extremely lawful in pursuing his goal of power and does not let morals or philosophy (good or evil) interfere with his dedication.

He might be willing to work for you, it depends on the job and wether it will increase his power.

_________Creamsteak wrote:
Everyone is invited.
_________

Since someone invited him I assume the God Emperor can now enter the domain of hope. :) He'll return to the Union and resume his work there.
He will attend the funeral.
____

I might be willing to play in the Rokugan IR. I know nothing of the setting, so I suppose I will have to research it on the web. Do you know any good sites?

Last edited:

I forgot to add, if Phibrizzo stays in Ravenloft, the God-Emporer is invited to become his equal partner in his domain...if that happened Serpenteye, what would you think about it?

Edena.

Even thought about putting this in book form?

Writing a novel about the IR and its history?

You got the plot, the happenings, the dialogues, the decisions and the drama of epic proportions right here.

You would need to catalogue it and write it all down into one whole story.

You could write a really thick and big novel about this baby with the dialogues added and the actions and battles added and more and elaborated described like you would do.

Now that would kick ass.

Just a thought :)

I agree with Forsaken One's comment...however, I think Edena would have to get ALOT of permission from several companies to use their trademark chars (if he wanted to sell it?)...which honestly I doubt several would let him use...unless you just changed their names and write a small description in the front to help realize what char it was originally, although that may make the IR lose some of its flavor ;)

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
The golden, blinding light surrounded Kas, embraced Kas. Then it began to fade. As the light began to allow normal sight, Kas saw something incredible. His home.

He blinked his eyes to be sure it was real. The scene didn't change. There still stood the ancient, yet familiar, cottage that he knew from another life, thousands of years ago. The two hills on the far side were exactly as he remembered them, from times when he would play there with his sister. Nearer to the house, he could make out a garden, with a myriad of plants, carefully tended. He could hear his family's horses from inside of the small barn. He could smell the aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through the windows. It was exactly as he remembered it.

Exactly as it was when he went out hunting that day. Thousands upon untold thousands of years ago, Kas, the boy, left to gather nuts from the grove of trees. He had heard loud shouting, and a loud explosion. When he returned, he found the remains of the house, shattered and smoldering, with similar smoke rising up from the horizon where the rest of the villagers had homes. Kas saw the corpse of his sister, burnt almost beyond recognition, lying, as if tossed haphazardly against the broken remians of the fence. He saw the body of his mother, by then only a burnt skeleton with carrion birds fighting each other for the last remanants. He saw a crowd of soldiers, and a robed man, standing in a circle, watching something, and laughing. Kas ran forward, not heeding for his own safety, to find out what it was. He reached the circle in time to find that it was his father in the center, forced into combat with a demon-beast and obviously loosing. Kas, still unnoticed, tried to push through, only to watch in vain as the demon-beast tired of playing with its victim, and tore Kas' father's throat out. And began to feed.

Kas screamed in terror and emotional pain. Finally the soldiers took notice. The one nearest him shoved him back and down. Kas landed in the mud and ashes that used to be his home. And cried.

Meanwhile, as the soldiers made camp, one walked up and placed the point of his sword at Kas' back, he could feel the wicked blade piercing his skin and drawing blood.

"Vecna, what should we do with the runt here?" the soldier called out, pressing down on his blade slightly more, eliciting a gasp of pain from Kas.

"Leave him to starve," came the reply from the robed man.

Kas felt the blade lift up, it had only left a slight wound. Then, he felt the warrior's grip on his collar. As the soldier lifted the still weeping Kas from the ground, his hands felt something in the mud. He recognized the feel of his father's hunting dagger, and cluthed it with thoughts of revenge running through his mind. As he found himself back on his feet after the soldier let him go, he spun around, driving the dagger towards the man's knee with both hands. The dagger hit the metal armor, then slid through.

The soldier let out a scream as he bent down and clutched his knee in agony. Kas pulled the dagger out, and stabbed the man in the neck. His spinal colum severed, the soldier dropped, instantly dead. Kas turned around towards the rest of the group in time to see a crossbow quarrel fired straight at him. With no time to dodge, he closed his eyes and made mental apologies to his mother, father, and sister for failing them. One second passed. Two seconds passed. Three seconds passed and still he lived. Kas opened his eyes to see the quarrel, hanging in the air, inches from his face, and the robed man slowly walking towards him.

"Such anger and violence, amazing in one so little. Boy, you shall have a grand future at my side."

With that, the robed figure, the maniac known as Vecna, raised his hands, and Kas felt an unnatural sleep fall over him.

It looked just like this that day, the day he took me in.

His eyes searched the horizon, looking for any sign of the raiding party that had struck down his childhood and innocence that day. And found nothing.

Suddenely, Kas realized that this was what could have been. An image of a time gone right.

Kas, warrior from the arcane age, murderer of countless millions, leader of the Union of Worlds, God to billions, and father of the Cydian race dropped to his knees, and cried.

It seemed like an eternity had passed, when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Looking back, he saw the sweet face and long brown hair that would have been his sister's, had she lived.

"Anabel, is it you? Is it truly you?"

"Yes, you sily, who else would it be? Now come, mother and father are waiting."

And so Kas experienced one of the many miracles that the Domain of Hope had wrought that day. It had restored his family to him, and brough compassion back to his heart.

From that point onward, Kas spent a month out of every year with his true family, spending time stolen from them in another lifetime and another world. His rule over the Union of Worlds continued with the God-Emperor, and they brought peace to their people, the word of faith in their pantheon to those who chose it throughout the multiverse, and the compassion of true mercy with Kas' judgements.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz Reborn...

The planet of Taraakus… continued in its new existence… there was plenty for all… and even long after the first elections, Lady Talindra Braegen was elected the first President of the Nation of Chorazin… Iuz had taken a role as a father and watcher of his people… The world is renowned for its artistry and aesthetic disciplines…

Iuz smiled down from Chorazin as it sailed high in the clouds over the blue crystalline seas of Taraakus, he glanced to the young Taraakian prince at his side; “This is the world we wrought. It is built from the blood of the fallen now reborn… from the pain of the faithful… from the tears of the mothers who lost their children… to fathers who had to fight and die… to those who sacrificed all for a better tomorrow. This is our birthright… the message that in a final flash of madness the Red Scourge showed me… that in pain we can triumph… but we must not allow such evil to envelop us totally or we shall destroy what we love most…”

The Taraakian nodded, “Aye, but the most important part is the path we take now. Where do we go from here? The choices are limitless, and we must make them…”

Iuz nodded, “I know. We have taken the first steps, but the Journey of a thousand miles is not yet even close to an end. But for today, it the end of the journey seems closer then it has ever felt…”

Black Omega

First Post
creamsteak said:
Well... If anyone wants to run a Rokugan game like the IR, I will be involved if you start after the 10th of July. Here are some of the schools you can select from in the version I am designing. I still need to do all the territories on the maps. The Industrial Rating is the rating of how much industry that school can perform. A rating of 10 gives a player 4 PL per turn. A rating of 20 gets a player 5 PL per turn. I'll open up a thread to talk about it...

A few comments.

First off, Edena! Dude! Excellent job. A really impressive climax with much dancing along the ragged edge of disaster.

Creamsteak,

Blade Dancers, Eunuch Warlocks, Shapeshifters, and Yakuza don't even exist in Rokugan, so you might want to drop them. Kensei exist but not as a faction. Anyone totally dedicated to the mastery of one weapon qualifies. There are criminal types but they are covered with rogues and Kolat.

Various other schools...Kuni school, Hida School, etc etc. These are not really schools. They are 'families' within clans. I use the term family loosely because, for example, the Hida are not only those people decended from the first Hida, but also various vassels attached to the family who use the Hida name.

Maho-Bujin and Maho-Tsukai are just character classes, not factions. Maho-Bujin are tainted fighters. Maho-tsukai are tainted shugenja. The Shadowland Horde is an Empire of oni, bakemono, tainted Maho-tsukai and bujin under the command of Daigotsu. The Bloodspeakers are maho-tsukai under the command of Shahai and are more a force for chaos than then the Shadowland Horde.

The whole question of the IR and were it would start is an interesting one. With the current chaos of the storyline it would be a good time to do it. Both the Mantis and Unicorn are semi-outsider clans that would use technology to gain an edge. The Ox are a minor clan under the control of the Kolat and the Kolat would love the IR as a way of overthrowing the celestrial order. This is just a start, I'm sure more ideas will come to mind when I have time to sit down and think on it.:) Rokugan could make for a very interesting IR.

Remove ads