• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (End)

Serpenteye

First Post
__________Sollir Furryfoot posted:
I forgot to add, if Phibrizzo stays in Ravenloft, the God-Emporer is invited to become his equal partner in his domain...if that happened Serpenteye, what would you think about it?

What do I think? I think it's a very generous offer, but I fail to see the profit in it. Ravenloft is a prison. Those who are imprisoned there are tortured for the amusement of the Dark Powers, domainlords are tortured forever.
If my options are to stay in the Union of Worlds (hundreds of worlds both within and outside of the Demiplane of Hope), the primary God of billions (increasing exponentially) of Cydians or to become a domainlord in Ravenloft I choose to stay in the Union.
If I could share your power in Ravenloft, but still be free to travel outside it (we have 12th level magics) and remain the co-ruler of the Union of Worlds it might be worth considering. This is one of those times when we really need a moderator. :)

____

I support the book-idea, but it's going to be a tremendous amount of work and the end result will certainly be fun for us, but will probably be too absurd for a larger audience. The IR was a great game, but it will be difficult to make it into a good book.

Supposedly I can move around Ravenloft if I wanted to, but the moderator would have to approve. I am versed in the Ravenloft world, and for OOC knowledge there are Reality Wrinkles which fiends use themselves to move about domains in Ravenloft, effectively in those wrinkles, the fiends are their own domain lords...so technically we could conquer Ravenloft if the moderator approved. Yes, we would research 12th level magic to escape Ravenloft if we want to, and we would form allies of the Vistani who can move at incredible speeds by controlling the mists, we could possibly enhance this power to escape as well. If we get a transcendent Demi-Lich on our side, or similar, we could use their connection to another plane to form communications outside as well. Course if there's another IR, this is all OOC knowledge :)

Edit-Also, in the realms of Ravenloft the God-Emporer would have his desire of being the god of all portfolios...there is no one in his way, don't tick off the Vistani though...

And, we could basically change everything in reality in our domain :)

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
And where is Anabstercorian? The Meddler? The Sacrifice? The Hero?

He's gone....

He's left the Demiplane of Hope. He wants to find new worlds - New realms to conquer. New lands to control. New minds to devour.

He's still Anabstercorian.

Walking in to the sunset, Starfire Cannon in hand, DreamGuns holstered at his belt, unimaginable psionic power in his head, he WorldWalks away.... And away.

Where will the last Son of Ilsensine be found next?

Only he knows.

<< I've missed you, Staff. Back to Penumbra for us. >>

I play to win.

I think we won!

PELVIC THRUST.... OF V-V-V-VICTORY!!!

A simulacrum possessed by Hellmaster Phibrizzo will attend Sanctus' funeral (peacefully, non-aggressive, will not put up a fight at all)...in honor of him for being such a good ally when they were still on the same side...

Sollir, you can't research 12th there, the dark powers wouldn't let you.

You can never ever leave ravenloft unless the dark powers want to.
You are in there for ever.

Also you can't alter reality there, you can change some stuff here and there and you can take away some magic and technology but nothing more.

I recommend you read the ravenloft corebook before you start thinking about things the darkpowers would never you or that you even cannot do.

You've got a wrong idea about ravenloft.
It sucks, its hell and you are in it for ever.

I would recommend the Taraakian Idea... or ask them to kill you.
Death is really better than ravenloft.... even for a domain lord.

The only 2 ones that ever got out were because a greater god aided one and the other was better at his own demise then the dark powers were.

In there, you are screwed, anything you do that will make you happy, your ultimate desire will not come true, you will see it always before you but always just out of your graps.

You relaly musn't think that you will ever complete and fullfill your deepest wishes and desires there.

They will never come to pass, the dark powers won't grant them you so don't start hoping, you can still choose for death or another fate.

Or for ravenloft and eternal torture for never getting anything that you want.

And domainlords can't leave their domain..... they can't travel. They are trapped by the dark powers and they most certainly won't grant you anyway to gain 12th and escape.

Tke up the offer of the Taraakians.. in there you are doomed to eternal torture.. forever.

---------

WIlliam, awaiting your response ;)

LOL, you got lucky Sollir btw.

If the dark powers really wanted to screw you over they could have done what I just read again in the ravenloft core book.

They would grant you a domain yeah...

A domain the size of a 9 by 9 by 9 foot chamber with 15 immortal and indestructible flies in there with you.

Now then they really screwed you for all eternity.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Epilogue

The Union of Worlds lived on, both inside the Demiplane of Hope and outside it. If not for the Cydian transformation such an empire would have likely been impossible. It would have happened, like with so many great nations in the history of the multiverse, that the internal divisions would have grown and split the Union apart. The core could have become corrupt and decadent, and the colonies would have broken away. It might have lost its strength and ambition, and drifted away complacently on the winds of time, eventually stagnating and rotting away from the inside. Kas, the God Emperor and the Cydian transformation made that impossible.
Instead, the Union grew. New colonies were joined to its territory, by trade, missionaries, bribes, coups or war. And where the Union grew the people soon became prosperous and happy, as they shared the magic and technology of the new rulers. Peaceful natives often chose to undergo cydian transformation and rebellious peoples were converted with force. In the end they were all better off.
The cydian population continued to grow. With the supply of power infinite and without any need for sustenance the immortal cydians soon outgrew the vast territories of the Union and they started constructing great cities in uninhabited areas of the planes and the phlogiston.

The God Emperor and Kas continued their rule of the Union, but the God Emperors firstborn daughter, Naganika, soon grew discontent with her position as an advisor without any real power. She realised that she could never overthrow the rule of the Gods, for even though her own power was incredible the God Emperor and Kas had at that time risen to greater Godhood and held the complete loyalty of their people.
At the age of five she left and traveled the planes for decades, searching for a way to unlock her lost memories and powers. After a year of futile research in mount celestia she departed to the lower planes. At the current time she has taken up residence in Baator, as a personal guest of a duke of hell.

The God Emperor has long since found Naganikas whereabouts and keeps her under surveillance, content in the knowledge that she must find her own path in her own way.

I still haven't decided Forsaken, but I think I can do some of the things I outlined above, besides, the Dark Powers might regurgetate me even then to allow me to cause more chaos :), part of my decision of staying in Ravenloft depends on what the God-Emporer's reply is.

Also, if I choose to stay in Ravenloft, one month of my 11th level magic's time would be used to summon Ao's (from FR) avatar and the next month to switch our minds so that Phibrizzo has the might of Ao's avatar. :)

Remove ads