• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) What would your PC do, if he or she received the Sending of the Wanderer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalanyr

Explorer
OOC-(Edena) Whether or not the Drow & elves share power or not, is yet to be seen , I hope so and will have to take steps otherwise. I did indeed supply the Prince of Celene with some troops. (I have no idea what Alyx is up too though)

Kalanyr

Explorer
A drow messenger is sent to Iuz stating that the drow elite,demons,giants, The Orcs of Pomarj & the God Emperor of Aerdy are already heading to attack Vecna, the presence of Iuz is certainly welcome in this battle.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena- I believe that many of the Greyhawkians have indeed expressed a desire to study these items of technology and technomancy.

The Drow are most certainly atttempting to reproduce and improve these items particularly weapons and defences from them and items required to produce these weapons and defences(not that thats much surprise the drow being drow) we are also looking into technomancy.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ok then that is exactly what we do.

Oh and if noone wishes to take them can I have the Unseelie of Oerth too?

William Ronald

Explorer
[B]A Voice in the Wilderness[/B]

On the shores of Hope Island on Toril, a man appears. Shorter of stature than most, but broad shouldered. His bearded face shows the influence of many human races. He is dressed in the garb of an Oeridian of Oerth. There is determination and concern on his broad pleasant features.

Loudly he cries:

"Angels of Hope Island, I come here in peace. I have travelled far from my homeland, and my world to speak with thee. I have spoken to celestials, and learned that there are Angels here, beings who are pure in spirit, noble in nature, truthful, and desiring harm to none - save in the last need.

I am Ambassador Gwilym Raonul of the Kelevondd Alliance of the world of Oerth. We represent the nations of Keoland, Furyondy, Gran March, and Veluna. Your world is strange to us.

There was a message sent recently by someone unknown to us. Many in Oerth heard it. It portrayed your world in an unfavorable light, especially the United Commonwealth of Toril, and its Churches, the Church of Mercy and the Church of Toril. The message proclaimed that you had organized subversion in the Lortmils with a Technocracy. Toril was portrayed as a place of perversions, and madness.

I have lived long enough to not trust everything I here or say. I know full well that a lie -if said loudly and often enough - will be perceived to be true by many. Especially if half-truths and magical means are used to make it seem true. Reality is a matter of perspective. If I were to take the worst members of any race on Oerth, and showed them to a stranger and proclaimed "these murders and perverts are the people of Oerth" than my world would be cast in a bad light.

I seek knowledge of this world and the truth about its inhabitants and their interests in Oerth. I love my homelands and the peoples of Oerth. I would die, if need be, to save it.

Answer me, Angels of Hope Island. Those whom I trust say that your hearts are pure and good. I seek understanding, and I would like to find peace. My world is in peril. Vecna has returned.

I have learned that the people of the Lortmils Technocracy have an earnest desire to use technology to help grow crops, make new goods, and increase the prosperity of the world. As far as I and my allies can tell, they are essentially good natured people.

It is because of my faith in them and my love of Oerth that I journey here. Answer me, I beseech you in the name of all the gods and peoples of Oerth, in the name of all that is good and holy."

William Ronald

Explorer
On behalf of the Kevellond League and its allies, Nyrond, Urnst, et cetera. (Edena, add in who has signed on with me.)

Our world faces a peril like never before. Vecna seeks to rule us all. The Kevellond League is seeking the truth about Toril. We know full well that anyone can make a claim and present it as true. Someone seeks to manipulate us all, whether for our good or ill. We soon expect to have answers to our concerns, that we will freely share with others. We urge all nations to pursue their own investigations into the nature of the Torillians. Whether they are truly as the message portrayed is yet to be determined. However, we are convinced that the Lortmils Technocracy is motivated by a love of Oerth and does not seek to rule over us or be the lackey of another world. Indeed, can anyone truly say that the Torillians mean us good or ill?

Previously, we called for an end of all conflict between nations for the present crisis. Aerdi, your wars mean nothing if Vecna triumphs over all. Marshall your strength for the true battle.

We are ready to stand with any nation, including our traditional enemies, against Vecna. Iuz himself realizes this peril. Indeed, it seems the only thing EVERYONE can agree on is that Vecna is the most immediate threat.

We urge all nations and powers of Oerth, include the Empire of Iuz, the Empire of Aerdi, and all others to stand down in their conflicts with their neighbors. Our situation now resembles that of an old parable:

There were two towns once. In each town, some parts of the city warried with others while others had peaceful relations. Regardless of the faction, there was courage and cunning to be found on all sides.

A dragon came to the lands of both towns. One town chose to continue its wars, and its inhabitants were slaughtered and enslaved. The second town, having wiser leaders, put aside their conflicts to deal with the threat of the dragon. Because of their wisdom and courage, the best was slain and the town was saved.

Which course shall we take, nations of Oerth? Shall we continue our present wars in the face of a foe who could conquer us all. Our shall we, at least for the present, put aside our differences and stand as one. I plan to stand beside those who will fight Vecna. What is your choice, leaders of Oerth? The right to make our own destiny or Vecna's cold hands, forever grasped around our throats, our wars an amusement to a mad god.

We now seek a truce with all nations and powers of Oerth. Vecna awaits. If we do not triumph, those few who survive will curse our memories. I know that I ask a difficult thing: peace with longstanding foes. However, as a popular proverb says, only a fool fights in a burning house. I see no fools among the leaders of Oerth. Stand as one! United, we can triumph over Vecna. Whatever our beliefs, we owe it to ourselves and our posterity to stand together and end this threat forever.

Kalanyr

Explorer
The drow upon hearing the message of the commonwealth, act immediately, we are sending infiltrators deisguise as the appropriate races to all areas not allied as us.

Once ,and not before, Vecna is dealt with one way or the other they will stage protests and rallys, something like the following

"My fellow countrymen, you have seen that the forces of Toril have brought peace, freedom and pleasure to their world. Why should you stand to be held back by your nobles and Rulers, rise up and overthrow these tyrants! Surely this will make the people of Toril smile upon you and bestow their benevolences! Take arms against your oppressors claim what is yours!"

(We will also supply weaponry (pretending it comes from the people of Toril) to those who heed this call after the business with Vecna is done)

Edena- How goes the drow I sent across the planes to the Drow of Toril?

Kalanyr

Explorer
For now I send messengers to all the nations of Oerth announcing peace with all peoples until such a time as Vecna is dealt with.

Edit-"Alliance" just feels wrong for the drow.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
The ambassador of the Kevellond League bows as if to a monarch of his world. There is an expression of sadness, hope, and determination on his face.

Gwilym Raonul speaks, in a very deep voice tinged with sadness.

"Prime Minister Erika Lesage of the Uninted Commonwealth of Toril, in the name of the Kevellond League of Oerth, I great you in peace and respect. Your words were noble, and as a citizen of Oerth and the League, I am sorry that you have been slandered by the Wanderer - or whoever is claiming to be the Wanderer. I have been shown the history of Toril, its peoples, and the struggles of many to build the world that I know you love as much as I love Oerth."

It is for love of my world and the desire for truth that I have journeyed here. Truly do I wish to see this world, and learn of its history and peoples. I have heard what the Wanderer has said. I wished to see what has transpired from the point of view of the Angels of the isle. I wish edto learn the truth, without distortion or lies. It is only with truth, however it reflects upon each of us, that we can truly know others or ourselves. I asked the representative of Hope Isle, "Who are you, neighbor? Can you show me the history of Toril and its peoples?"

I accepted the offer to see the history of your world and its peoples. I wept at the deaths of the innocent. I prayed softly at their deaths and at the sacrifice of the brave. I felt many expressions as I learned of the changes to Toril and its people. It went nearly ghost white as Toril's sun nearly expired due to the illithid and the Chaos Wave. My heart grew more relaxed as the events of the present day was reached. You and your people have done well, despite the sorrows of your world's past.

(I now have the complete knowledge of the IR threads and a good background of Toril's history. )

"What I saw was beyond all imagining. There is indeed much that is good about Toril, and I seek to learn more. I desired to speak with the leaders of Toril and their intentions towards Oerth. Based on all I have seen, I must logically conclude that the United Commonwealth of Toril seeks to help not harm Oerth. I wanted desperately to speak to its leaders and the leaders of the other powers. I would like to pray in the name of Rao by the side of those who gave their lives for what they believed in. I would also say a prayer for the soul of Ian Payne, first leader of the United Commonwealth of Toril. It was his love of this world which brought the angelic hosts from the highest heavens. Truly did he love his world with all his soul, all his heart, and all his might."

"What other powers of Toril are active on Oerth? Are any of them seeking to dominate the peoples of my world. This Church of Shade seems more than capable of such actions."

What I desire for all else is for Oerth to live and grow. I fear for my world. I have dedicated my life to the benefit of the nations I hold dear to my heart. I have worked to bring the member states of the Kevellond League together. I love Oerth and my god Rao with all my heart, with all my soul, and all my might.

I would ask that the leaders of the United Commonwealth and ask them to assist the Lortmils Technocracy. It seems that they may have given more than the UC would desire, but they are as afraid for Oerth as I. If they erred, it was out of love for their world. I would speak on behalf of my allies. My world is in peril from Vecna's mad desire for power.

I know that the journey to this world required much the angelic hosts. I have seen what sacrifices were made to build the world that you call home. Only in great need would I ask you to come to Oerth. However, I would not want to damage your relationship with Hope Isle. Or unwittingly be the source of another war here. I desired to speak with both Prime Minister Erika Lesage and President Forrester of the United Commonwealth of Toril. They need to answer what was said of them. I do not believe that the UC comes as conquerors to Toril, but I cannot speak of some other factions of your world.

I do not see you or the people of Toril as the enemy. Needless hatred is the enemy. As is disease and poverty. I wish to share what I have learned of Toril with my world. Also, to bring others to speak with those who call Toril home. I believe what is common within us all - a desire for a better future for ourselves and our posterity - is far more important and powerful than what desires us.

I want a better future for Oerth. I wish to see people live in dignity, freedom, peace, and mutual respect. I do not wish to see Oerth become a vassal to Toril or any of its powers. An ally, perhaps. A friend, I would hope so. We need to be true to our cultures, our faiths, and our traditions. I also respect your cultures, your faiths, and your traditions. I am sorry that so many have been slandered by one so hateful.

When I was young, I thought that Oerth was the only world. As I grew in maturity, I learned otherwise. Although we are of different worlds, I believe that we can learn to live in peace. I desire to speak with you of your world and of mine. I also, in good faith, must share what I have learned of Toril with the Kevellond League and all of Oerth. Oerth stands in peril, and in time the threat of Vecna or other hateful powers may threaten you. In the name of Rao, and those who fought and died for the future of Toril, I pray that both Oerth and Toril will endure, grow and prosper. Ideally, as friends and neighbors.

I say now that the actions of you and many others, as well as what I have seen of Toril have helped restore the faith of an old man. May Rao bless you for it. I now wish to speak with the leaders of the UC and other powers of Toril. It may be that we may ask Hope Island, as well as yourselves, for help if Oerth is in peril. I pray for a good future for both our worlds, in the names of those gods and people who love them. It is only by trying to understand and respect each other that peace can have any chance. I will fight for my world against any foe. However, I believe that the UC of Toril, based on its actions, is not among them. Peace. May we all know its blessings in our lives and times. On Oerth, on Toril, and in all worlds and realities. I great you in peace, and pray that there be peace among us.

(At this point, I am logging off. I need sleep. Can I assume that shortly after I finish this post, that Gwilym hears the message from Reprisal, aka Erika Lesage. He also DESPERATELY wants to share what he has learned with the peoples of Oerth. Additionally, he would like to teach the peoples of Toril about Oerth and its peoples. He is committed to his faith, his world, and his nation, but Gwilym Raonul realizes that the UC of Toril has been slandered. He also needs to speak with his government and all of Oerth.)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads