• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) Will you allow this?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well now, in the alternate Forgotten Realms the gnomes are at it again ... one of them has created something called the printing press, and books are commonplace now in Faerun.
So what are they doing?
Well, one publisher is busy spreading magical knowledge ala Volo to all buyers. And spells, of course - all the secret spells mages have been trying to keep hidden for so long.
And someone else is spreading history, true history, to anyone who wants to know about Faerun's past.

Of course, if the truth about Toril's past comes to light, that's going to look awfully bad for a lot of races, nations, and peoples.
And of course, if spells like Hide Life, Stasis Clone, Prismatic Blade, and Sphere of Utter Annihilation (much less The Simbul's Spell Supremacy and assorted chronomancy magic) becomes commonplace, who knows what might happen?

Anyone out there interested in stopping these guys, before they put 9th level spell arsenals and time travel spells in every mageling's book?
Anyone interested in hiding the fact that it was the Gold Elves who started the Crown Wars, and are in fact responsible for the Drow, before this gets exposed?
How about the fact that most of the dieties of Toril are frauds, and perhaps Mystra is the one True Deity? Should this be public knowledge?

Up to you, guys and girls.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hey! No fair spreading propaganda !

Hmm, so Hide Life exists in this world does it? Well if thats a balanced 9th level spell I'm creating new equally balanced 9th level spells and publishing them. ;)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Well now, if the good people of ENWorld wish to allow the Chosen of Mystra to push everyone on Toril around some more, and get a lot of innocent people killed, don't blame me.

I just observe ...

Sixchan

First Post
Nope. I'm a young mage with a few ninth level spells! It's a dream come true! I show up four days before the release so I'm first in line for the new spells from:

Harry Potter and the Chosen of Mystra's Spellbooks. Woo!

Blurb:
Now you too can sling spells with the best of them, as we show you all of the very secret spells of Elminster and Friends! Marvel at their ninth-level power! Be awed at Meteor Strike! Amaze your friends! Explode your enemies!

***** - Magical, the Daily Mage
***** - Spellarific Wizard's Weekly

Creamsteak

Explorer
No, my character will not. As a strategist, someone needs to maintain the advantage to prevent everyone from being far too powerful, resulting in mass destruction without any protection.

I use whatever resources I have to take the advantage, and control every publication within my reach of power so that they all pass through my hands to be censored. Of course, I maximize the power of everything I plan to have on my side, while minimizing that which makes up the other side.

Jemal

Adventurer
"WHAT?!?!? After the CENTURIES I spent honing my skills and practising the dark arts, some little gnomish THING comes along and offers that type of power to everyone? I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS!!!"
Hear me, brethern, let us dispose of this vile contraption, and it's creator before more of this spreads!

Kalanyr

Explorer
Arkanyl releases the followingn statements inside the covers of his books

"I am not a Gnome , sheesh! What is with people and gnomes ? I'm a human, human I say!"

Inez Hull

First Post
My character has a vested interest in keeping secrets hidden as they are his stock in trade. However, I didn't see this thread before I posted on the other. Edena, do you want the anti-printing camp to post in this thread?

Kalanyr

Explorer
This was a recruitment threat in the OOC forum but a mod moved it here for some reason, so I guess it should be allowed to die. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads