• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes - I have it in my hands!

A'koss

Explorer
mearls said:
I can try to answer questions in the coming weeks, but I'm very busy at the moment. WotC is keeping me really busy!
And on a Sunday no less! I guess the rumors of the Slavelords of WotC has some merit after all... "This isn't a lash Mike, it's merely a leather briaded facilitator of inspiration."

The long and short of the mana thing is the limit listed is the amount of mana you can use in one day. If you go above that, there's rules for side effects.
Ahh, so it's per day after all... thanks for clearing that up Mike. I'm curious though why you decided to go this way rather than something token-ish instead?

For the pact, you can only have access to one pact at a time. You can't promise your soul to more than one demonic entity at once. They talk to each other, you know.
They're worse than a knitting circle that way...

It was a good run I had here. I, for one, welcome the coming reign of our gelatinous, corporate masters.
Considering your current ones, this seems like a step up! :p

Cheers!

Particle_Man

Explorer
I fear I will wait until friday (when my FLGS gets its stuff).

hey, can you really take the same trait twice? (I saw your example character with traitx2)

And what can the arcanist do when he is out of mana, and "used" up his "pact favours" for the week?

silvereyes

First Post
Particle_Man,

From the sounds of it, an arcanist is never actually out of mana. It's just dangerous for him to try and get some more. And I suspect that the danger increases the more he goes over his safety limit.

I think of it as a soft barrier. It's there to keep the character safe, course they are adventurer's right? Safety isn't exactly thier middle name...

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Many thanks to Sorcica (and his boss).

The only questions I have that really haven't been addressed so far are:

1. Do they use npc classes (warrior, expert) for all the faceless minions you'll be mowing down?

2. Is there a short bestiary already included in the main book?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Thanks for all your sterling work, Sorcica!

Nobody asked the question that was on my mind (and it may take an extra month or so to reach the UK shores anyway) so perhaps you or someone else who gets it can answer my burning question...

Combat zones? The rules for making interesting bits of terrain for combats. What is that about, what is included, how does it work?

Cheers

Remove ads