Iron Heroes - I have it in my hands!

Anthtriel said:
So he is indeed the feat man, as some expected.

The man-at arms is the fighter, the thief is the rogue and the berserker is the barbarian. They should not be converted in games that use one or the other (says the book).

The conversion guidelines IMO confirm that the two systems do not go well together, i.e. a mixed party will take some major work or rulings like 'you can't use magic items, because!'

Anthtriel

First Post
Sorcica said:
Both. Executioner ends up with 10d6, Thief with 7d6.
I'll definately have a Executioner in my campaign then. ^^
I have just one question left then. What kind of character is the harrier? I know he is supposed to use light armor and weapons, but what is the difference to the executioner?

Your answers are very much appreciated. :)

Michael Tree

First Post
What are the conversion guidelines like for using D&D without magic items? If I want to create a game using the IL fighting classes, AE witchs magisters and mageblades, and D&D druids, without magic items, does it have concrete guidelines for what to do with the AE and D&D classes?

mearls

Hero
Sorcica said:
Yeah, it baffles the mind. I'm still trying to find out if this is an errata or not. A high int does affect the save DCs (which are 10 + int + ½mana spent, BTW), but this does not explain that the smarter you are, the more difficult it is to cast your spell.....

This will be errata'd. Sounds like something got FUBARed in the translation from final text to post editing.

Remove ads