D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

SunGold

First Post
Yikes, this rogue did not mean to tank! I was thinking that everyone was coming forward before we attacked, so we'd all rush them together.

Also, when I only had the numbers to go by, I could make those dagger attacks w/out disadv. (50 ft away = move 30, puts me within the 20 required for no disadv on thrown daggers). But if those are their/our locations on the map, nope.

Do you want me to go roll disadv, and/or can I change my actions? Map sorta changes things. :\

eayres33

Explorer
Yes the map adds a little more clarity. I should have posted the map. Feel free to edit your post and roll at disadvantage or change your action, your choice.

Edit: Also I changed the OP shortly after it went up, everyone started just off the map so you would still be tucked behind Loosh, if that helps your decision on what to do. And 20/25 feet away, I won't fight advantage/disadvantage over 5 ft on this one.

Last edited:

SunGold

First Post
Alright, cool. I don't wanna lose that crit, so I'll wait to see where Loosh places himself on the map and then choose a spot.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Well, if I started just off the map in the bottom left corner, I would run to F6. I'll keep running, but I want to use that... what is it again? As cover while I'm on my way. Don't want to become a javelin-cushion. I've only got 9 HP!

Greenmtn

Explorer
I'm thinking that since I can't make it all the way to them in a round, and there is only so much to hide behind. On my turn I will likely go straight at them, take the Dodge action, it makes in game sense for him to try to draw fire, then next turn I will either advance and attack or start dealing with any of them that close into melee with me.

Unless that is going to mess up anyone elses plan.

SunGold

First Post
Hmm ok, well F7 then I guess. I'll be ahead of Loosh, but F7 is about as far away as I can be and still negate disadv. Hopefully Harb will be nearby.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Hmm ok, well F7 then I guess. I'll be ahead of Loosh, but F7 is about as far away as I can be and still negate disadv. Hopefully Harb will be nearby.

Do you want to go to F6? Shouldn't that be equally distant? I'll take F7 if you like and you can throw between me and that thing. (I should go back and check what it is...)

SunGold

First Post
Do you want to go to F6? Shouldn't that be equally distant? I'll take F7 if you like and you can throw between me and that thing. (I should go back and check what it is...)

If you're alright with it, that would be helpful, as I am but a bird-wristed rogue. ;)

Loosh has 1 less hp, but his AC is higher by 3.

Remove ads