D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I guess I never said, do to its size it is a two handed weapon.

the damage mentioned was 3d4+3 piercing, 3d4 bludgeoning. Am I right in assuming that the +3 is based on the stat of the creature wielding it, and that the "base" damage of this weapon is effectively 6d4?

Lal is going to pack a whallop with this one, sheesh... the average dice damage has gone from 6.5 to 15 :O (and that doesn't count strength, rage etc)

eayres33

Explorer
Yes it is 3d4 piercing plus your strength mod, plus an additional 3d4 bludgeoning, it is quite a weapon, but non-magical for what that is worth.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I rolled very well on the first hit. But yeah... the base damage is 6 to 24, with an average of 15... it's essentially hitting twice as hard as a two handed sword.

I liked the description of your reaction spell btw

Sent from my [device_name] using EN World mobile app

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
A quick note:
[MENTION=6805147]River Song[/MENTION] hasn't posted in any game since early January, so we may be out of a Wizard... Flint, you're it!

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
You're a wizard, Harry-- I mean, Flint! ;)

Well, he's got the magic, just not the education. Just point the dwarf in the right direction, and take a step back in case he explodes in a ball of destructive flame...

Greenmtn

Explorer
Seems that way. He hasn't posted in a while in the game I'm running either. Here is to hoping he is just busy for a while and it's nothing major.

Remove ads