D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Xanathar's downtime days suggest that a character can build an object worth about 10gp in a day's work. So I guess it depends on how much a portcullis is worth, how we're doing for materials (I guess it depends on what we have access to) and if we have the tool proficiencies, and the required tools.

Based on what I know of the resourcefulness of people, I bet we could have a decently made door pretty quick, but I'm not sure we have the resources for anything made from metal. we could easily make a portcullis of wood, I'm sure, and probably back it up with a door.

Who's got Carpenter's, Leatherworker's, Smiths, or Mason's Tools proficiencies?

Greenmtn

Explorer
It could be as simple as finding a rock big enough that we can work together and lay it over the opening or timbers strapped together with something we can weight it down with. Remember it's not a whole in the wall it's a well shaped hole in the floor.

I'm editing my IC post, since we have a couple days I will pray for Detect Magic as a ritual to check things and places out about the caves. I don't have identify but I don't know that we have the materials needed for Identify either. This could save the hassle of getting that expensive pearl.

Remove ads