D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

eayres33

Explorer
So at the moment we have

Ancalagon playing La Qalandar of the Purple lands a Human Barbarian with the Hermit background. Everything looks complete

River Song is playing Vindethrevolan “Vin” an Elf Wizard with the Noble background. Looks complete

Charwoman Gene is playing Sister Evangelina Grace Priestess of Paladine, a Human Life Cleric with the military veteran background. Everything looks good just waiting on the bio.

Sungold is playing a Swashbuckler Rogue, waiting on more info

JustinCase is playing a Dwarf Sorcerer, with soldier background, waiting on more info.

Greenmtn is playing Ka’Lysh “Harb” Lorreak a Half-Elf Paladin with the soldier background.
This seems mostly in order just a bit of fine tuning to the background and you should be set. Mothune the nation to the south of Nirmathas has been trying to conquer it for a while. Having Harb originally come from there could fit well. Or you can do something more generic as well. Up to you.

Jason.knepper is playing Raux Amberchyn a Human Revised Ranger with the Mercenary Veteran background. Looks complete

So we have a group with a lot of military experience and one that is far more to the good side than the group I host at my house, so this should be good. My hope would be to have everyone’s characters done by the end of the week. That way we can get this started this weekend or early next week. If that presents a problem for anyone just let me know.

SunGold

First Post
Heh, this is indeed a sea of Good PCs. But Corsa the CN swashbuckler will be showing up soon to play the Lancer.

I'm currently sipping a beer and a few tabs deep in the Pathfinder wiki, so...expect her tonight or tomorrow.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Sorry but at the moment the game is full. If someone drops out, I will send you a message to see if you would like to fill it. What everyone else is saying is true, games open up here all the time and they usually take a few days to fill.

If this games doesn't take too much time out of my schedule I may start a new one in a month or so. I'll send you a message if that is the case.
Ever consider running two of the same campaign? It's less work than running two totally different games. (As long as you don't lose track of which is which).

I did it IRL with Out of the Abyss because I had too many players, and it allowed me to do less prep when I could use a similar session for both. That would be even easier PBP, I would think (you can cut-and-paste stuff that is the same!)

Unless it would mess up your brain.

The (selfish) reason I suggest it is I would really like to play a Pathfinder AP, but I only want to play 5e.

The group you have here is pretty big already, so splitting it up might work for you, as well.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

SunGold

First Post
I did it IRL with Out of the Abyss because I had too many players, and it allowed me to do less prep when I could use a similar session for both. That would be even easier PBP, I would think (you can cut-and-paste stuff that is the same!)

You're underestimating the time and effort it takes to run a successful PbP campaign. The things it takes 30 seconds to say IRL, it takes much longer to narrate in text. Sure, if both groups somehow keep the same pace, do exactly the same things, interact in the same ways with the same NPCs, ask the same questions, etc. then you could copy/paste...but that's not going to happen often.

And even if they did, keeping track of fights--which take far longer in PbP--is its own beast, and can't be copy/pasted.

This is the DM's first time running a PbP here and he was already cool enough to make room for one more player than he said he'd take. Asking him to run a second game for you is...a lot. I don't think you mean any harm here (nor do I, so I hope this post doesn't come across as harsh), but since you've never done PbP, I just don't think you realize what you're asking for.

FWIW, there are a *lot* more PbP games on the Paizo messageboards, including 5E games.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
You're underestimating the time and effort it takes to run a successful PbP campaign. The things it takes 30 seconds to say IRL, it takes much longer to narrate in text. Sure, if both groups somehow keep the same pace, do exactly the same things, interact in the same ways with the same NPCs, ask the same questions, etc. then you could copy/paste...but that's not going to happen often.

And even if they did, keeping track of fights--which take far longer in PbP--is its own beast, and can't be copy/pasted.

This is the DM's first time running a PbP here and he was already cool enough to make room for one more player than he said he'd take. Asking him to run a second game for you is...a lot. I don't think you mean any harm here (nor do I, so I hope this post doesn't come across as harsh), but since you've never done PbP, I just don't think you realize what you're asking for.

FWIW, there are a *lot* more PbP games on the Paizo messageboards, including 5E games.
I get what you are saying and I'm sure you are right. I would never have suggested it if the GM hadn't already suggested he might be thinking of running a second game.

I really wasn't asking it as a game for ME. (Well, I *was* but only as a fortunate side-effect.) It was more as this group is big, and he might want a second game...

I can readily imagine how much work it would be!

At any rate, feel free to ignore me if I am being stupid! 😆

Greenmtn

Explorer
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] You are reading my mind. Mothune is exactly where I was thinking of going with it when I was doing my research yesterday. Barring "writers block" I will be done by the end of the day.

NOTE - I will be travelling sans computer this weekend and with only my phone will likely not be able to do any meaningful posts until I get back Monday.

Jason.knepper

First Post
...*crosses Corsca the swashbuckler off the list for party diplomat*...

...*underlines and highlights Corsca the swashbuckler for prime drinking buddy*...

eayres33

Explorer
I get what you are saying and I'm sure you are right. I would never have suggested it if the GM hadn't already suggested he might be thinking of running a second game.

I really wasn't asking it as a game for ME. (Well, I *was* but only as a fortunate side-effect.) It was more as this group is big, and he might want a second game...

I can readily imagine how much work it would be!

At any rate, feel free to ignore me if I am being stupid!

I’m happy to see the interest in the game, and I don’t think you are being stupid, it is a rather large group and if I was committed to playing two games for sure it would make some since to split it.

However, I’m not sure exactly how much work this is going to be for me, so I want to start with just one game and if I can manage that time commitment with time to spare, (which I hope I can) then I will start up a second one. I don’t want to bite of more than I can chew and have two groups of players suffer for it.

Again thank you for the interest and I will let you know as soon as a spot opens up, or if/when I decide I can handle a second game.

Remove ads