• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Ironfang Invasion 5E conversion (OOC)

eayres33

Explorer
[MENTION=6808932]eayres33[/MENTION] You are reading my mind. Mothune is exactly where I was thinking of going with it when I was doing my research yesterday. Barring "writers block" I will be done by the end of the day.

NOTE - I will be travelling sans computer this weekend and with only my phone will likely not be able to do any meaningful posts until I get back Monday.

No worries, I could use the weekend to convert some NPC stats anyway as I changed schedules at work and it is messing with my sleep patterns right now. My dog does not quite understand when I tell him that we are sleeping in an extra hour so he does not need to wake me for his walk yet.

SunGold

First Post
Last question. I'm taking the sailor/pirate background. May I swap the proficiency in Athletics for Acrobatics? She's less oarsman, more fancy-footwork fighter.

SunGold

First Post
Apologies for not getting this posted yesterday.

tl;dr on the history: she's a pirate hiding in this backwater town 'cause she deserted.

---

Corsa ("The Bride"), Rogue 1

[sblock=Basics & Proficencies]Race: Human Gender: Female Class: Rogue 1 Background: Sailor: Pirate Alignment: CN Age: 28

HP: 10/10 HD: 1/1 (d8) AC: 13 (11 leather +2 dex) Initiative: +2 Passive Perception: 15

Str: 7 (-2) Dex: 15 (+2) Con: 14 (+2) Int: 12 (+1) Wis: 12 (+1) Cha: 14 (+2)

Proficencies:

Skills: Acrobatics (+4), Deception (+4), Perception (+5)*, Persuasion (+6)*, Sleight of Hand (+4), Stealth (+4)
Saving throws: Dex, Int
Weapons: Simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords
Armor: Light
Tools: Thieves' tools, navigator's tools, vehicles (water)

Languages: Common, Varisian, Thieves' Cant

Rogue features: Sneak attack (currently 1d6)[/sblock]
[sblock=Equipment]Shortsword x 2 (+4 atk, 1d6+2 piercing dmg)
Dagger x 2 (+4 atk, 1d4+2 piercing dmg)

Leather armor, explorer's pack, thieves' tools, belaying pin (club), 50 ft silk rope, the first coin she ever stole, common clothes, 10gp[/sblock]
[sblock=Appearance & Personality]Appearance:
Corsa has hazel eyes, jet black hair, and olive skin bronzed by her copious time in the sun. Standing 5'7", her lean figure suggests she's quicker than she is strong.

In the interest of laying low, she's changed out of the more flamboyant attire she prefers. These days she wears a dark leather bodice, leggings, and boots, a shortsword on each hip, and far less jewelry than she'd like.

Personality:
Trait: The sea is my one true love, but I'm still a sucker for a pretty face.
Trait: I'd rather make a new friend than an enemy, but I'm not picky.
Ideal: Freedom. The sea is freedom--the freedom to go anywhere and do anything.
Bond: I'm in hiding from the person I owe everything to.
Flaw: My hedonistic lifestyle leads to some unfortunate choices.[/sblock]
[sblock=History]Born to a minor noble family with too many daughters, Corsa's prospects in the city of Magnimar would've been shaky even if she'd ever learned to behave. So when, at eighteen, she recieved an offer of marriage from a decrepit old letch of a lord, her parents jumped at the chance. Corsa, however, decided to jump into the sea. After a few (okay, more than a few) drinks in a seedy dockside tavern, of course.

And that was where Captain Blackford found her. She'll spare you the details--largely because she doesn't remember most of them--but suffice it to say she found an offer of piracy to be preferable to her other options.

In the years since, she'd come to joke that that proposal was the best thing that ever happened to her, since it led to her true love: life at sea. The captain was as surprised as anyone when she stayed, as he'd evidently told the drunk noble girl she could be a pirate as a grand joke. But when she sobered up the next day and saw the horizon from the deck, she got to work. She considered no task beneath her, and learned from anyone who would teach her.

Having lived for so long in a city of corrupt merchants and greedy nobles, Corsa felt no guilt at all in stealing from them. As far as she was concerned, she was just a thief robbing other thieves, and she slept just fine...until recently. As the captain's successes piled up over the years, his list of enemies grew, and so did his desire to be feared. Where once he'd used a good fight as a way to force a surrender, these days he had a taste for slaughter, and she wanted no part of it.

The last time they'd stopped in a port, she went to a tavern with the crew, as usual. But once everyone was sufficiently drunk, she slipped away. Desertion was as serious at sea as it was on land, especially when one owed the captain as much as Corsa did. The sea wouldn't be safe for a while, so as much as it killed her, she headed inland...[/sblock]

Remove ads