• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IRR) The Rokugan IR Turn 0 Thread

Serpenteye

First Post
[OOC: GO serpent kick his ass, he's insulting u Gogogo Or someone else step up and defend Serpents Honor /OOC]

[ooc: Why do you think he's insulting me, Forsaken One? Since there is no "master of this place" there is noone to insult.]

Toshiro reappears suddenly as he recieves a telepatic call from his representetive at the conference that something has happened. He adresses the assembled delegates, "I appologise for my absence, I am a busy man and there was much to attend to." He turns towards Gaheris, "You may host the Emerald contest, you have my support in that. I trust that you will be able to keep it safe, and fair."

"None is the master of this place, stranger, though I am the host of this conference." A sad smile is on his lips as he adresses the suelite. "In the absence of our dear Emperor there is noone to recieve your gift. This conference that you are attending is a meeting of the lords and representatives of the greatest of the noble families of the Empire and miscellaneous foreign ambassadors. We are, at least in theory, equals in our capacity as representatives of our respective power-groups."

"I have no objections to trading with your country and I will not prohibit such trade from taking place. However, the Lion clan is completely land-locked, so others could prevent our commerce, though they would profit greatly from it."

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
A grin comes across Yogo Yo's face. He looks up at the man from behind a half mask, that is trying to gift the weapon, "It would be wrong of us to assume you know our ways. I should mention that by giving a weapon to someone you are saying they cannot defend themselves. And only a member of the samurai caste is allowed to wear a katana. Also, by wearing one you claim you are ready to fight a duel at any moment. You will notice I wear but a wakizashi. I have the ability to wear a katana but I do not claim to be ready to duel with it. Therefor, I rely on my yojimbo to fight duels for me."

Any person looking about the room will notice that there is only one individual in the room wearing the black and red of clan scorpion.

Mr. Draco

First Post
"Ahh," Onterax bows deeply, "my apologies, I did not know of these rules of your culture. The katana was meant as a ceremonial gift from my Emperor. No offense was meant. If you wish to take it, we would gladly give it to you without any implications about your fighting ability, as I am sure you are a truly excellent warrior; if you choose to refuse it in the light of my unintentional insult, I will understand." And Onterax places the Katana on the table. "In any case, the Suel Empire would benefit from trade agreements such as mentioned by you," nodding to the Lion Clan member. "If any here wish equal trade with my Empire, please let me know and it will be arranged."

Stepping back, Onterax waits for a response.

(OOC: if you're interested and don't want to post so, my email is fan_vader@hotmail.com /OOC)

Festy_Dog

First Post
A slight feeling of displeasure comes over Akira as he looks upon the gaijin and his trade offer, he wonders who would possibly accept it at a time like this.

Mishica approaches him and whispers something quietly into his ear, Akira frowns and shakes his head.

"I sense conflicts of interest arising," he says amongst other whispered things before motioning to Mishica return to where she was.

Knight Otu

First Post
"Your empire seems to be far away, Onterax. Our daimyo will have to review the potential for trade once he returns."
"If you do not know anything about our culture, how do you know that the Katana is the weapon of choice for the bushi in our Empire? Was this part of the rumors you heard? Or do you use Katanas too?"
"Gaheris-sama, the Phoenix have no objections to you to host the Test of the Emerald Champion."

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
"Regarding the katana, simple scrying spells to determine the level of truth behind some rumors revealed a number of warriors with weapons such as these. It was a small jump to assume that one would be an appropriate gift, unfortunately, scrying does not reveal cultural rules, and did not reveal that it would be a mistake to deliver such a gift."

Knight Otu

First Post
"I have expected as much, Onterax. Thank you for confirming this."

"With your approval, great daimyo of the Clans, the Phoenix will return to their homelands. There are changes and research that have to be done when Akahita-sama returns."

Serpenteye

First Post
Toshiro Akodo looks out over the delegates from his seat at the head of the table, his face unreadably formal.

"It seems that this conference has run its course, there is little left to say and few left to say it. Many important matters have been debated and decided during these long days and those important matters that have not will have to wait. Until such a time as an Emerald Champion has been chosen by the fates the Clans should be able to search for those who have gone missing and begin to unravel the mystery of the multicoloured letters individually. As we have done until now so can we continue. If we attempt to organize our efforts it will only distract our agents, and ourselves, with needless burocracy and endless discussion, a decentralized search should be able to cover more ground faster than if everything would have to be decided in concert. We have seen how slowly these talks have proceeded."
"In light of this, I am glad that my suggestion for a Council of Regents was almost unanimously rejected. Clearly the Empire needs one ruler, who can act desicively in times of danger. Any attempt, even a temporary such, to rule by committy would be worse than the current chaotic state of disorder. Let us hope that the coming weeks proceeds smoothly and that a competent Champion will take the reins of the Empire in a firm hand. If it has not at that time beeen decided if, where and how the test for a Jade champion will be organized it will surely be decided by him. The Phoenix have a great deal of experience in these matters, if noone objects I suggest that the Jade-tests will be organized by them. Their daimyo has proven himself to be one of the wisest and most honourable men in the Empire."

[When he has heard the reply of the phoenix representative]

Toshiro smiles, a small and brief smile, almost a smirk, but not quite. He rises from his chair and once more looks out over the delegates, seeming to look all of them in the eye at once.

"I now depart this meeting. Though I will not adjourn it I do believe it is over. I thank you all for attending, surely the Empire is better off now when so many have taken so much time and said so little about so much. What has been said, though, is what's important. We now have a united goal to strive towards and we all know what must be done. So, once again I thank you. May our deeds and the will of the kami bless the Empire with glory and peace."

Without further ado, with stillness and silence, he vanishes, teleporting home to Shiro Akodo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads