Is Dragon 309 out?

coyote6

Adventurer
Shield always stacked with mage armor, as it provided cover (pre-errata) or a cover bonus to AC (post-errata/FAQ). Interstingly, this meant that shield didn't stack with hiding behind the fighter or in an arrow slit or the like.

Now, shield stacks with hiding behind the fighter, but doesn't stack with an actual shield (or a ring of force shield).

I wonder if a ring of force shield will have any new abilities (as an essentially un-enhancable free action to store, no encumbrance to carry shield, I don't think it was really worth the 8.5k it cost).

bertman4

First Post
As always, remember that nothing is complete or final until you buy the book in the store.

:D Sorry, had to say it.

I agree that using Diplomacy as the base skill for Wild Empathy class ability is not the wisest choice.

Bertman

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Andy Collins just stated over on his boards that
Dragon's wrong--the Innuendo ability to deliver a secret message has been folded into Bluff, not Sense Motive (though SM's the skill to intercept it).

This is part of our effort to make the skill system more robust, by taking little-used skills and making them part of other skills.
Andy Collins
Senior Designer
Wizards of the Coast Roleplaying R&D
That makes a lot more sense.

Jesse Decker

First Post
I agree that using Diplomacy as the base skill for Wild Empathy class ability is not the wisest choice.

Me too. It's also not true. That sentence in Dragon is an error. The wild empathy class ability works like Diplomacy (but on animals, of course). It does not require ranks in Diplomacy (or skill ranks of any kind). Sorry about the mix-up.

Douane

First Post
Jesse,

thanks for the news/correction!

(Now my ranger can stay as abrasive as ever and doesn't suddenly turn into a people's person. :))

Folkert

Remathilis

Legend
New Spells?

Hmmm...

Some of the Githyanki Stat Blocks are referencing spellcasters have yielded (new?) spells?

0 - Acid Splash, Touch of Fatigue
1 -
2- False Life, Scorching Ray, Bear's Endurance, Resist Energy (elements?)
3 - Ray of Exhaustion, Protection From Energy (Elements?)
5- Blight, Waves of Fatigue

Didn't stop to count if sorcerers get more spells than before.

Remove ads