• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is Dragon 309 out?

Abel Kane

Explorer
Actually, I have a flight to Tuscon from Omaha at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning so I was saving it up to devour on the flight... it's awful of me but I am sure others here will also have theirs and be able to post.

I DID, however, fiddle about with the 'Pick Your Path' DVD they included. If these were to be reasonably priced, I'd actually buy the odd one or two. The animation, whilst not groundbreaking, is solidly done and adequate. Looks like some folks in the animation team might have played the odd Morrowind game or two!

A good sign for me is that when the demo ended - I was slightly annoyed and wanted to see more.

Bela

Dragon #309 3.5 notes

There are no more exclusive skills. Anyone can take skill ranks in any skill.
Magic missile is off of the Bard's spell list, and it mentions they have an inside track on Enchantment and Div. spells.
The weight of some items have changed, small and large sized characters will notice the difference.
Anyone can wield a weapon of any size, after a size penalty, if you use a weapon made for someone of a different size.
Since there are no more class exclusive skills, some skills require another skill to be effective. The example given was the new Wild Empathy skill will require ranks in diplomacy to work effectively.
New feat: Craft Construct
New condition: Sickened (-2 on all checks including weapon damage rolls)
In the 3.5 MM bonus feats will be indicated with a superscript "b" after the feat name.
New Spell: Crushing Despair (no details given other than it's a Bard and Wizard spell)

Last edited:

Yes, most of the changes were listed in a character conversions 3.5 article. The new feat, 3.5 MM bonus feat listings, and the sickened condition are in a "Beasts of the Battlefield" article. The new spell happens to be in the "Ecology of the Hobgoblin" article.

Remove ads