• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is it just me...

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
DungeonmasterCal said:
The BK commercials seriously creep me out. I sorta have this twitchiness where masks are concerned, anyway. And the construction BK ad where the king leans around the beam... ack.

Again, it could just be me... but I swear to god his eyes glow red for just a split second when he peeks around the side of that I-beam. ;)

philreed said:
The earlier one with the BK creepy guy in the bed was the first one to catch my attention (I think it's where the guy opens the door and BAM! there's a creepy guy).

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that finds these ads creepy.

Again, a bad place for me to find him, as I would be armed...

But I have to second the kudos for the Jack commecials. I'd love it if the put the whole slew on a DVD. Especially the Meaty Cheesey Boys. You are so fired. :D

Aaron L

Hero
Interesting(?) fact: my dad knew the guy that played the BK back in the early 80s or late 70s commercials. He killed himself I think my dad said.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
Del said:
Ronald McDonald was any different?
Only if you're afraid of clowns.

But the "Mardi Gras reject" BK is creepy. If they wanted to have a mascot, they oughta find somebody that actually look like BK in makeups, like in those old-school commercials.

Bront

The man with the probe
My oppinion is, if you start a thread titled only "Is it just me..." then the answer is always yes.

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Just saw some of these for the first time last night, and gotta agree. The king's creepy. And unwise, to sneak up on a chainsaw wielder, methinks.

Also, I submit that the Pepsi add with the sumo wrestling chickens is deeply disturbing. Have that removed.

Thank you.

Warrior Poet

Chaldfont

First Post
Did you guys see the one earlier this summer with Star Wars Ep III came out? They had Vader and The King face to face. They cut back-and-forth from Vader's breathing and the guy in The King mask breathing.

Comedy genius.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads