• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Is Mike Mearls still in WotC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The suggestion that Mearls is not on the D&D design team any more due to ageism is utterly absurd. Who came up with that nonsense? Could we try not to parody YouTube comment sections with our threads here, please?
I think it was a steady stream of thoughts... 1 person asked if mike was in or out, someone else pointed out newer employees are younger (and as I said that is to be expected) then someone said that might be prejudice and then someone jumped to sueing... and we land at crazy, not with 1 big leap but lots of little steps.

I think it was a steady stream of thoughts... 1 person asked if mike was in or out, someone else pointed out newer employees are younger (and as I said that is to be expected) then someone said that might be prejudice and then someone jumped to sueing... and we land at crazy, not with 1 big leap but lots of little steps.

I have to point out, the first post addressing that employees were younger also stated that replacing Mearls and other older employees with younger ones was WotC's intention, so if it was a lot of little steps, the first one was a doozy.

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
What is it about some people who come late to a thread, but instead of contributing their own ideas, just jump in for the pile on?

Those are paid actors, streamers, and professional spokespeople and don't run WotC any more than Gal Godot or Halle Berry run Revlon.
D&D has been getting bigger and more profitable, so it makes sense to use professionals to promote the brand instead of letting the design staff moonlight.

Having dedicated spokespeople also means that if one of them manages to trigger an internet shitstorm, you can just fire them without losing any of your valuable designers.

beancounter

(I/Me/Mine)
What is it about people who refuse to apologize when people pile on to an obvious wrongdoing? [and no, "sorry for the tangent" isn't an apology for defamation.]

Wrong doing? Defamation?

Go ahead and prove that I caused real and material harm to WoTC's reputation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads