Is Polyhedron Lame or what??

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I just picked up the new Dungeon magazine and the polyhedron's that are now part of it are so stupid. I for one don't want a "new d20" system in every issue. I thought Polyhedron was an RPGA magazine, why not have RPGA articles.

In LC there is no mayor of Raven Bluf any more, an article on that would be nice. There are many organizations that the PC's can join how about some info on them in the magazine.

There are different games in the RPGA, Living Jungle, Living Force, Living Arcana and so on, put info about these in your magazine I might want to play them if I knew more about them.

Well thanks for letting me rant.

Wolfspider

Explorer
Nope. I think it's really great now. The old Polyhedrons were quite lame, however, lame and useless enough that I generally tossed them aside without giving them a second thought. (In fact, I can't even remember where they are right now, which says something about their quality, since I'm usually quite obsessive and careful about books I enjoy.)

The new issues of the Dungeon/Polyhedron hybrid have gotten plenty of use by me so far, and I actually look forward to them every other month.

Last edited:

Jhamin

First Post
Well, I'm not in the RPGA so the RPGA stuff is of limited interest to me.

I am however enjoying the New D20 stuff quite a bit. It is alot of fun for me to see how the authors are streaching the system into other genres.

I guess our Milage is Varying

thundershot

Adventurer
I'm with Wolfspider.

I have all of these issues that I've barely skimmed, because there wasn't much of anything of use to me, or of interest.

NOW it interests me. I've gone through them several times now, always finding something new. Sure, I can't use a lot of it right now, but it's a lot more interesting to read something that has potential... than something that doesn't even pertain to me.

Bravo to the new Polyhedron!
Chris

UD

First Post
I have actually really enjoyed my 'extra' polyhedron plastered onto the back of my Dungeon Mag subscription. I have had loads of cool ideas from them, and can't wait for the Spelljammer edition!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I couldn't disagree with you more. I think the new Polyhedrons are superb. I'm getting much more use out of them than I did before.

Nice job, Erik!

- Piratecat

i'm considering a subsription now because of polyhedron, it seems to add a hole lot to the over all avlue of the magazine.

can't wait to see spelljammer and hopfully gamma world.

Wanted to chime in and give a thumbs up to the new Dungeon/Polyhedron as well. I was already enjoying Dungeon, and this combination was icing (and very sweet icing to boot) on the cake. The new settings are fun to go through, and it makes the wait on it's bi-monthly schedule not as bad :)

Also glad to see they got comic artist Jim Mahfood to do the art for Poly's cover and several internal illustrations in the latest issue.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I have to go with everyone else on this. Twice the mag for the money + one of the mags is an outlet for "mini-campaigns" that would otherwise never see the light of day = me being happy as a [insert your own silly saying here]. :D

Thaumaturge.

Last edited:

Remove ads