• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Is Tasha's Broken?

Wow, all I meant to say was "someone can fall under the bar as well as over, and some DM's don't know how to handle that" and now I'm an optimizing enemy of roleplaying and fun!
But the bar is incredibly low. Like if you have 14 in your main stat you're set. This was in the context of ASIs, so I interpreted it as the players not floating the ASIs to their main stat being an issue. Sorry if that wasn't what you meant. (And it seems it wasn't.)

niklinna

satisfied?
sorry, i'm not quite up on the terminology, what does 'it's just an elf game' mean? asking this genuinely.
It's a reference to how elves, for some mysterious reason, have bunches and bunches and bunches of subraces, each with different ASIs, so that you can likely play some kind of elf and still get the exact ASIs you want. Alternatively, if you really want particular ASIs, under the pre-Tasha's system, you might have to play some kind of elf, even if you didn't like elves all that much.

Remove ads