D&D 5E Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

Is the 5e Monster Manual the best MM ever?

darius0

Explorer
I think this new Monster Manual has the best art for the monster entries themselves that I have seen yet, and that is going back to 1st edition. The flavor text is different, but not better or worse than some older editions. I like the descriptions of how the various evil outsiders disintegrate when they die outside their home plane. Those touches are nice.

Evenglare

Adventurer
I say yes, at least in the D&D realm. I think I like the numenera monster manual a bit more but thats just because the setting is really interesting. As for this D&D monster manual the region and lair attacks just put it over the top for me.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
For me, it comes down to Monster Vault and the 5th Edition book. I think I'd have to give it to 5th, simply because I'm enjoying the setting more. But Monster Vault was a brilliant, compact book full of adventure possibilities.

By far my favorite bit about the 5th Edition MM is that when I read a monster entry, I come away with two or three ideas that I'm absolutely giddy to put into play at the table.

Remove ads